UPES Journal of Law and Technology (UJLT): Call for Papers
UPES Journal of Law and Technology (UJLT) is a bi-annual law, journal published by the College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun. UJLT is one of the early journals in India specifically devoted to the field of technology law. The journal is designed in a way that it caters to the demands of technology law. The Editorial Board invites submissions for Volume 1, Number 1.
The submissions are selected for publication through a peer-review mechanism comprising of multiple rounds of review. If required, the papers would be put through a refereed process. Our Volume 1, Number 1 is devoted to "Law and Technology Perspectives of Intellectual Property Rights".
- Book reviews
Since the Journal focuses on the interface between law and technology, submissions should sufficiently have that focus. We are interested in submissions on the law and policy of areas, e.g., but not limited to e-commerce, cybercrime, biotechnology, bioethics, competition, outsourcing, intellectual property. Submissions on social issues posed by technology also fall within our interest.
- All manuscripts (in hard copy or email) must be accompanied by:
- A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- An abstract of not more than 250 words describing the submission
- Electronic submissions (email) should be made in Word Format (.doc)/(.docx), (.pdf) format is not acceptable. The submission should have text size of 12pt for body text and 10pt for footnotes on Times New Roman Font style at 1.5 line spacing.
- Text and citations should ideally conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th edition).
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in language.
- The articles in the Journal will be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English. Submission in American English will be modified accordingly.
- To facilitate the publication of concise and relevant legal scholarship, the Journal strongly encourages authors not to exceed 20000 words (inclusive of text and footnotes). However, this word limit is not binding and can be waived in appropriate circumstances.
- Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts etc.
- Journal requires exclusive submissions.
- Either electronic or hard copies of the manuscripts may be submitted, though electronic submissions are strongly encouraged.
- Please send your submissions (hard copies) to:
Dr. Tabrez Ahmad
UPES Journal of Law and Technology,
College of Legal Studies,
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,
Dehradun- 248007, Uttarakhand
- Upon selection for publication, the authors shall grant a licence to the Editorial Board/College of Legal Studies to edit and publish the manuscript as part of the Journal. Authors shall retain copyright over their submission but must acknowledge first publication in the Journal. Unless otherwise agreed upon, such a license shall be as per the standard terms and conditions provided by the Journal to the authors upon acceptance.
The Journal follows a rolling submissions policy and the deadline for submission for the forthcoming volume is 10th March, 2015. However, since we never reject an otherwise good paper for want of space, the submissions received after this date shall be considered for the next issue.
Dr. Tabrez Ahmad
UPES Journal of Law and Technology
College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,
Dehradun - 248007, Uttarakhand