3rd NLS Law and Technology Legislative Analysis Competition
The Law and Technology Society are proud to present the 3rd edition of the NLS Law and Technology Legislative Analysis Competition. This National level competition aims to continue the effort to involve students in research and analysis on pending bills that blur the interface between law and technology.
There are two topics for the consideration of the participants:
- Draft Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- 2014 Amendment to Karnataka Prevention of Dangerous Activities of Bootleggers, Drug Offenders, Gamblers, Goondas, Immoral Traffic Offenders and Slum Gamblers Act, 1985 ("The Karnataka Goondas Act) ,with a special focus on the extension of the scope of legislations to "copyright violation", "video or audio pirates" and "digital offenders".
- The participant is expected to submit a paper on either of the two topics analysing the various issues (legal, economic, policy, etc.) vis-à-vis the subject matter. The account should be a comprehensive one and originality would be weighed in the participant's favour.
- The word limit for the paper is 2500 words (to be followed strictly). The same would not include footnotes, bibliography, etc, and shall be applicable only to the main body of the submission. The font to be used is Times New Roman, size 12 and the line spacing should be 1.5. Footnote size should be 10 and line spacing of the same should be 1.0. Substantive footnoting is not allowed.
- Any source resorted to has to be duly cited. Any mode of citation would be acceptable as long as uniformity is maintained throughout the paper.
- The cover page of the submission must contain the name of the Topic being analyzed and should clearly state the exact word count of the main body.
- Names or other individual identifiers of the participant or any indication of the college or university, must not be mentioned anywhere in the submission.
- Any kind of plagiarism would attract immediate disqualification. The submissions would be subject to a plagiarism-check mechanism.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to two authors.
- Non-compliance with any of the aforesaid rules can lead to disqualification or deduction of marks.
- Only one of the co-authors shall be eligible for internship.
- The entries have to be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submissions have to be made both in MS-Word as well as the PDF format.
- The subject of the email should be 'Legislative Analysis Competition: Name of the topic analyzed'.
- The email must contain the Name of the Participant, College Name, Year of Study and Contact Number.
The deadline for the submission of the paper is 5:00 PM on 25th February, 2015. No submissions made after the deadline would be accepted.
Ms. Annie Jain
Ms. Garima Singh