5th Jamia National Moot Court Competition 2015
The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi is pleased to organize the Jamia National Moot Court Competition, 2015.
Date: 20th - 22nd March, 2015
Venue: The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Each Institution offering an undergraduate LL.B. Degree Course is eligible to participate in the same. Each Institution may enter one Team. The Competition is only open for students in LL.B. Undergraduate Degree Courses.
- There shall be a cap on the number of teams participating in the Competition.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with the written permission by the National Coordinator.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers. Teams may have only one researcher.
- A researcher shall be allowed to argue instead of a speaker only with the permission of the Court.
Teams must confirm their participation by 1st February, 2015 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Confirmation for 5th Jamia National Moot Court Competition" with the attachment of the Registration Form and the demand draft of Rs.3000/- in favour of "The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia" payable at "New Delhi". The e-mail with the above-mentioned attachments along with the hard copy of the registration and the hard copy of the Demand Draft must reach the college by 1st February, 2015.
- Each Team participating in the Competition must prepare one Memorial on behalf of Petitioner and one on behalf of the Respondent.
- Each must send a soft copy of their memorials for evaluation by 22nd Feb, 2015 before 11:59 P.M. to email@example.com. Memorials submitted beyond the deadline shall not be evaluated. No extensions will be granted with respect to this deadline.
- Each Team further has to submit 8 hard copies of the memorial for each side by 27th Feb, 2015 to 'The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025'. Non-compliance will entail a penalty of 1 mark per copy not submitted.
- Accommodation and food for participating teams will be provided by Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia University on campus. Accommodation will be provided from 20th March 2015 (morning) to 23rd March 2015 (10:00 a.m.).
- No Fourth Member is allowed in a team and hence no facility will be provided to any such person.
- The name and mobile number of the student volunteers in charge of transport/accommodation will be made available.
Dr. (Prof.) Manjula Batra
Dean, Faculty of Law
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Dr. S.Z. Amani,
Ms. Sarah Rizwan,
Convenor, Moot Court Committee
Mr. Anirudh Arora,
Co-convenor, Moot Court Committee
Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Schedule, Registration Form