4th National Students Conference on "International Humanitarian Law"
Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is organizing the fourth edition of its annual flagship event - "National Students Conference on International Humanitarian Law" in association with International Committee on Red Cross (ICRC)
Date: 20th February, 2015
Considering the present global need it is prerogative of the hour to reconsider human rights at a larger perspective and to combat the violation of human rights at a global arena. Armed conflict is as old as humankind and therefore to ensure a better sustainable society the meeting of the minds is a need of the hour. Since International Humanitarian law deals with multi-disciplinary issues and with the aim to achieve its objectives the conference ensures to invite every mind interested to participate and deliberate on the conceptual aspect of International Humanitarian Law.
The conference would provide a platform for interaction of minds from eminent personalities, students, organizations and different stakeholder having an interest in this field of law. To encourage the young scholars, the best papers will be rewarded and selected papers, based on the merit, would be published in an edited volume having ISBN No.
Themes of the Conference:
- International Humanitarian Law in South Asia
- The role of Non-State actors in taking forward the humanitarian dialogue
- Privatization of armed conflict
- Contemporary Challenges in IHL - New Dimensions
- Enforcement of International Humanitarian Law and its challenges
Guidelines for the Paper Submission:
- Abstract: An abstract should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size) and word limit is 350 words. The abstract should also contain key words used (5-8) in the text.
- Final paper: The final paper should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size) and word limit should not exceed 4,000 (inclusive of footnotes).
- All references and citation mode for the Conference paper shall be as per the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 18th Edition.
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address (es), Telephone No. and e-mail address (es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will blind reviewed.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within 5 days of the receipt of the same.
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered
- All the submission has to be made on the following email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fees for the "National Students' Conference on International Humanitarian Law" is Rs. 500/- which has to be paid by way of Demand Draft in favor of 'Institute of Law, Nirma University' payable at Ahmedabad. The registration fee is inclusive of participation, reading materials and food.
- Abstract Submission by: 27th January, 2015
- Final Paper Submission by: 11th February, 2015
Ms. Dhwani Lakhani
Mr. Kashyap Jani
Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies
Institute of Law, Nirma University
Post: Chandlodia, Via:Gota
Ahmedabad - 382 481
Download Call for Papers