International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice: Call for Papers
The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice is established by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru. It has come out with an International Journal entitled "International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice" under the aegis of Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil, Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer Law & Practice, NLSIU.
The peer-reviewed annual journal "International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice" solicits high quality articles pertaining to National and International Consumer Protection issues. Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be in form of original, unpublished Articles, Essay, Notes, Case Comments, and Book Reviews. All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. The abstract must highlight the importance of the issue, main arguments and the conclusions of the article. The authors must follow the guidelines given below:
Categories with word limit:
Word limit varies according to the nature of the contributions. The word limit insisted is exclusive of footnotes/end notes and references.
- Article: An Article should be between 4,000-5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme indicating the lacunae in the present Consumer Protection Laws with suggestions and recommendations.
- Essay: An Essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting between 3,000-4,000 words.
- Notes: A Note shall be on any contemporary issue with concrete analysis from the part of the author along with solutions to the issue and the same shall not exceed 2,500 words.
- Case Comment: A Case Comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt within. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500-3,000 word.
- Book Review: A Book Review where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit shall not exceed 2,000 words.
- The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing.
- The footnotes and references should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
- The citation style must conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Columbia Law Review Ass'n etal. eds., 19th ed. 2010)
About the Authors:
A small biographical paragraph describing the Name, E-mail address, Postal Address, Contact no. , author's position, research interest and recent publication should accompany the manuscript in a covering letter.
All submissions should be made electronically in the form of a MS Word (.doc) file at email@example.com and at the same time the authors are requested to send the hard copy along with the CD to the below mentioned postal address.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 31st May, 2015. All rights are reserved with the Editorial Board.
Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil
Chair on Consumer Law & Practice (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India)
National Law School of India University
Nagarbhavi, Post Box No. 7201
Bengaluru - 560242, Karnataka
Phone: +91-80-23160532, +91-80-23397526