The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University - Ph.D Admission 2015-16
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. Research Programme in Law (60 Seats)/Inter - disciplinary field (8 Seats) (Full-time/Part-time) offered in the Research and Publication Department of Law, University Campus, Chennai - 600 028 for the academic year 2015 - 2016 (As per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree Regulations 2009). The University offers research on the broad areas of Constitutional Law, International Law, Criminal Law, Business Law, Environmental Law, Labour Law and Administrative Law, Intellectual Property Law and Human Rights.
Eligibility for Ph.D. in Law:
Candidates desirous of applying for Ph.D in Law shall have a M.L. Degree Course / LL.M with 55% marks or its equivalent grade from any recognized University (Candidates who have completed their Master's Degree in Law prior to the year 1991 should have atleast a minimum of 50% of marks). In case of SC/ST and PWD candidates 5% concession in marks is given as per the regulations of the Government and UGC.
Eligibility for Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Field:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Law with 55% marks along with a Master's Degree in Engineering, Medicine, Forensic Science, Agriculture or Technology or M.Phil in other Humanities & Social Science having scored a minimum 55% or equivalent in its grade (Candidates who have completed their Master's Degree prior to the year 1991 should have at least a minimum of 50% of marks)
- Candidate who have passed Company Secretary Examinations (ACS) or Passed Charted Accountants Examinations (ACA) or Passed Cost Accountant Examinations (ICWA) are also eligible.
Mode of Selection:
Selection will be based on the marks secured in the written test followed by interview to be conducted by the Universit y. State Government rules relating to reservation shall be followed.
The date of written test is 14th February, 2015.
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University is the centre for the written test. The University proposes five University Research Fellowships (URF) of Rs.20,000/ - each per month to deserving and highly meritorious Full-time Ph.D Scholars for a period of two years subject to the satisfactory progress of research.
Admission for Ph.D research programme will normally commence in the month of July every year, eligible candidates may download the application from the University website : www.tnda lu.ac.in from 5th January, 2015 The filled in application form along with the necessary documents and Demand Draft for Rs.1,000/ - (Rupees One thousand only) drawn in favour of "The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai" payable at Chennai should reach the Chairman, Ph.D. Admission - 2015-16, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai - 600 028 on or before 27th January, 2015.
Fee Structure - Ph.D Programme:
- Registration fee: Rs.2,000/- (one-time fee)
- Research fee: Rs.15,000/- p.a.
- Library fee: Rs. 4,000/- p.a.
- Internet fee: Rs.3,500/- p.a.
- Recognition of M.L/LL.M Degree fee (for other Universities): Rs.1,000/- (one-time fee)
- Course work fee: Rs. 6,000/- (One-time fee to be paid at the time of admission)
- Synopsis: Rs.1,000 - (One-time fee to be paid at the time of Submission of synopsis)
- Evaluation fee: Rs.9,000/- (One-time fee to be paid at the time of Submission of Thesis)
- Fee for Provisional Certificate: Rs. 200/-
- Final Degree Certificate: Rs. 450/- Refundable Deposits
- Library Caution Deposit: Rs.3,000/- (One-time fee)
After the completion of minimum period of Research, for extension at every point of time, a candidate has to pay the prescribed fees annually.
Issue of Application forms:
5th January, 2015
Last date for issue and submission of filled - in application forms:
27th January, 2015
Date of Entrance test:
14th February, 2015
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
"Poompozhil", No.5, Dr.D.G.S.
Dhinakaran Salai, Chenani - 600028
Download Notification, Brochure, Registration Form