The World Journal on Juristic Polity: Call for Papers
The World Journal on Juristic Polity is a peer reviewed journal [ISSN: 2394-5044] controlled and published for the World Journals Corporation worldwide. Published quarterly, it is the flagship journal of the WJC. The World Journals Corporation, on behalf of the World Journal on Juristic Polity, invites Articles, Notes, Book Reviews, Case Comments, essays and legislative briefs for Volume 1, Number 1 (February 2015 - April 2015). Academicians, Practitioners, researchers, students and others interested in the field may send original, unpublished papers to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31st January, 2015.
Nature of Submissions:
- Articles (8000-10000 words, inclusive of footnotes):Submissions in this category should provide a comprehensive analysis of a particular issue in the law and society domain. It should review the existing literature extensively, develop an argument and also highlight the specific contemporary developments in the issue being discussed.
- Notes (5000-8000 words, inclusive of footnotes): This category is suited for writings on specific themes and submissions dealing with contemporary issues are preferred. Submissions in this category should provide a concise overview of a specific issue.
- Essays (3000-5000 words, inclusive of footnotes): The author can dispense with an extensive review of the existing literature under this category. New ideas and perspectives are encouraged. The main purpose of an essay is to initiate debate and discussion of a new subject matter.
- Case Comments (2000-3000 words, inclusive of footnotes): Submissions in this category would include a comprehensive analysis of a recent judicial pronouncement and should engage with the underlying theme of law and society. It must critically analyze the law prior to the ruling as well as the subsequent implications of the ruling.
- Legislative Briefs (2000 - 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes): Legislative briefs should be extensively analysed, helping readers grasp the background, objectives and main provisions of a particular legislation. Preparing a brief requires synthesizing complex data, facts and statistics and they should be clear and concise and credibly sourced, mostly from the government surveys, commission reports, international organisations and civil society. Use of graphs and tables, along with a one-page summary, is encouraged. Briefs must be objective in reporting facts and provisions, but a short section at the end should list down possible problems or inconsistencies to propel further debate.
- Book Reviews (2000-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes): Authors are encouraged to review a book that offers a unique perspective on any issue affecting International society and the legal implications it has. It is recommended that the book chosen is a recent publication (within the last two years) in keeping with the contemporary focus of the Journal.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Covering Letter:
Submissions must be sent to email@example.com, mentioning that the submission is being made for the World Journal on Juristic Polity in the subject of the mail. All submissions must be accompanied with a covering letter, containing the name of the author/s, institutional affiliation, title and category of the submission and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address and the phone number. Submissions should be sent as MS word (.doc format) attachments with the title of the article as the file name.
- Identification Details:
The body of the submission must contain no identification of any kind, including the name and institutional affiliation of the author, which must be provided in the covering letter.
- Decision on Publication:
The Journal promptly acknowledges the receipt of submissions and a decision on publication takes around 10 days. All submissions made to the Journal are double blind refereed. The issue is out in print within 2 weeks of a decision to publish. Requests for expedited reviews can be made when the submission is being considered for publication by other Journals. In such cases, please mention a date by which you expect our response. Relaxation of any rules regarding submissions is subject to the discretion of the Board of Editors.
- Rolling Submission Policy:
The Journal follows a rolling submission policy and hence there is no deadline to submit articles, except for the inaugural issue (refer to the call for papers). Papers submitted beyond the deadline shall be automatically considered for the following issue. Since we take decisions on publishing articles on a rolling basis, we encourage authors to submit their papers well in advance of the deadline for an upcoming issue.
- Indian Nationals:
Submissions by single authors, if found eligible upon scrutiny, are published in the Journal upon the payment of a processing fees of Rs. 1200/- all inclusive. As a policy, all Journals of the World Journals Corporation allow the publication of the submissions made by multiple authors as well, though the number of authors must not exceed 02 at any point of time. In such cases, the cumulative processing fee of the submissions is Rs. 1500/- all inclusive. Contributors are entitled to the postage of a single copy of the Journal in a CD- ROM along with an authorized certification of publication in the name of the author(s) of the contribution, as the case may be.
- Foreign Nationals:
Being an International Journal, the World Journal on Juristic Polity solicits the contribution of Foreign Nationals in its issues. Submissions by single authors, if found eligible upon scrutiny, are published in the Journal upon the payment of a processing fees of Rs. 1500/- all inclusive. As a policy, all Journals of the World Journals Corporation allow the publication of the submissions made by multiple authors as well, though the number of authors must not exceed 02 at any point of time. In such cases, the cumulative processing fee of the submissions is Rs. 2000/- all inclusive. Contributors are entitled to the postage of a single copy of the Journal in a CD- ROM along with an authorized certification of publication in the name of the author(s) of the contribution, as the case may be.
World Journals Corporation
EF- 9/3, Char Imli, Bhopal - 16
Phone: +91-9407317089, +91-8333863589