2nd WTI - CWS Joint Academy on International Trade Law and Policy
The World Trade Institute of the University of Bern, Switzerland and the Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, India are pleased to announce the launch of the 2nd WTI - CWS Joint Academy on International Trade Law and Policy ("Joint Academy"), from 25th May to 19th June, 2015 at New Delhi.
The Joint Academy aims to provide law students and legal professionals in India a rare opportunity to deepen their knowledge on aspects of International Trade Law and Policy. Taught by distinguished academics and practitioners from India and abroad, the Joint Academy will equip participants with theoretical and practical insights into various issues relating to international trade law.
Date: 25th May - 19th June, 2015 (Four Weeks)
Venue: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi
- Week 1 - The Legal Foundations of Contemporary Trade and Investment Law
- Week 2 - The Law of Goods Trade: Tariffs; Agriculture; SPS and TBT
- Week 3 - Trade in Services and Intellectual Property Rights
- Week 4 - The Law and Policy of Trade Remedies; and Current WTO Issues
Who can apply?
All law students enrolled in any legal course in India, either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Preference will be given to students who have prior exposure to issues relating to International Trade Law.
The Joint Academy is also open to Indian legal professionals. In addition, legal professionals can attend specific modules, in a flexible, "à la carte" manner. This option is not available for students.
The maximum number of participants that will be selected for the Joint Academy is 30 (thirty). Past participants are kindly requested not to apply.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are required to fill up the Application Form for the Joint Academy, and send the same, along with their updated CV to email@example.com
The application form in MS Word can be downloaded from here: http://wtocentre.iift.ac.in Paper applications will not be accepted.
- For Law Students: INR 10,000/- (For the whole duration of the Joint Academy)
- For Legal Professionals: INR 25,000/- (For the whole duration of the Joint Academy)
- For applicants applying for specific modules: INR 7,000/- per weekly module
Please note that the above fees do not cover other costs such as meals, housing or local transportation of the participants. Lunch and tea on days of classes will be provided at the venue by the CWS.
Financial Aid/Scholarship and other Benefits:
With the objective of attracting the best of participants, the CWS provides the following financial incentives (only for law students):
- Refund of course fees for law students who meet the minimum attendance criteria and who pass all the components of the Final Evaluation
- Cash prize for those law students who obtain attendance of 90% and score of 85% in the Final Evaluation.
- Opportunity of internship with reputed law firms in the field of international trade.