5th Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial National 'Energy Law' Moot Court Competition
The College of Legal Studies (CoLS), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is pleased to invite you to the 5th Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial South-Asian 'Energy Law' Moot Court Competition, 2015.
Date: 2nd - 5th April, 2015
Venue: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
The competition is conducted to commemorate the legendary Dr. Paras Diwan, a renowned legal luminary, acclaimed jurist and a writer par excellence, who has umpteen numbers of publications to his credit in the form of books and articles.
- Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programmes are eligible to compete in the competition. Each college/Institution/University may send maximum of one team.
- Eligibility for oral rounds shall be on the basis of selection of memorials.
- Each team shall include two speakers, who shall be accompanied by one researcher all of whom shall be designated accordingly.
- Once provisional registration is completed the team composition must remain the same throughout the competition.
- No observer is allowed to accompany any team.
- The registration of the teams for the competition shall be strictly done on the basis of the merit of the memorials submitted by the participant. The shortlisted teams will be notified via email latest by 17th March, 2015.
- The short listed teams shall send duly completed registration form along with the demand draft (in hard copy) on or before 23rd March, 2015 to the communication address mentioned in the rule book.
- All teams shall be given a team code by the Association on validation and the teams shall use their designated team code for any further correspondence.
- All the teams who have sent their completed registration form along with the demand draft shall arrive and verify the details in person at the Dehradun Main Campus during verification.
- Each team has to submit six sets of memorials (hard bound) for each side at the time of verification at Dehradun Main Campus specifying the team code allocated on each memorial.
- A nominal registration fee shall be charged from the Universities/Colleges/Institutions that have been selected in the memorial rounds.
The registration fees shall be:
- For Indian participants; Rs. 3500/-
- For International participants from Medium and Low HDI Countries*: USD $100
- For International participants from Very High and High HDI Countries*: USD $200
*based on UNDP Human Development Index http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries
- No registration fee shall be charged from any such Institutions/Colleges/Universities that have not been selected.
- For Indian Participants:
The registration fee charged must be submitted by a Demand Draft of any National Bank drawn in favor of "UPES Fees Account" payable at Dehradun.
- For International Participants:
The registration fee charged must be Bank Transfer. All Transfer Fees must be paid by the transferor in US$ only. The transfer must indicate the name of your University as the transferor, for your university to be given credit for having paid the registration fee. Please remit proceeds to A/c No. 00022010048230 with Oriental Bank of Commerce, 17 Rajpur Road, Dehradun in favour of UPES Fees Account.
A copy of the Bank Receipt/ Transaction ID should be emailed to email@example.com by marking a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case of the Indian participants the demand draft needs to be attached to the provisional registration form and a scanned copy of the same must be sent via email for provisional registration.
- Accommodation and Food shall be provided to all participants on the dates of the competition only, i.e. from morning of 2nd April, 2015 to morning of 6th April, 2015.
- The transport for commutation from railway station or ISBT to the guest house shall be provided only on prior confirmation of travel plan by the participating teams.
- The transport for commutation from guest house to railway station or ISBT on completion of competition shall be provided as per the schedule, which shall be provided to the teams on their arrival.
Last date for Provisional Registration extended till
23rd February, 2015
Changes if any must be approved by the head of the participating institution/college/University stating the reasons and the change shall be communicated
20th February, 2015
Submission of Soft Copy
10th March, 2015 (12.00 pm)
Shortlisted Teams Notified
17th March, 2015
Submission of Hard Copy
23rd March, 2015
2nd - 5th April, 2015
Dr. Mamta Rana
Moot Court Association
Dr. Tabrez Ahmad
College of Legal Studies
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,
Energy Acres, Main Campus
P.O. Bidholi Via Premnagar
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Notification, Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form