5th Indian Vis Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition
National Law University, Delhi in collaboration with West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences and the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris is proud to bring to you the 5th Indian Vis Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition.
Date: 5th - 8th March, 2015
Venue: National Law University, Delhi Sector-14, Dwarka, Delhi-78
Unlike many other international moots, there are no national level qualification rounds for the Willem C. Vis moot court competition. Pre-moots are organised in a number of countries to provide teams with the opportunity to practice before the moot. India also organizes a pre-moot for teams to gain experience before the international rounds. This year's competition will be the largest pre-moot in Southeast Asia, along with substantial participation from international teams.
This year's moot problem is based on the ICC Rules of Arbitration (in force as of 1st January, 2012) and encompasses, among others, issues concerning joinder of additional parties and Emergency Arbitrator provisions under the ICC Rules. Therefore, this year's Indian Vis Pre-Moot will provide the teams with an unparalleled opportunity to try their arguments on cutting-edge provisions of the ICC Rules before members of the ICC Secretariat and arbitrators with experience in ICC arbitrations.
In addition, the 5th Indian Vis Pre-Moot will enable teams to:
- measure up against and interact with other students from several countries and legal systems;
- have a strategic advantage by practicing their oral submissions before Indian Universities, which is one of the largest contingent at the Vis Moot.
- receive comments from and socialize with arbitrators from different professional, cultural and legal backgrounds;
- practice and improve their advocacy skills; and
- refine and adjust their oral arguments just before making the trip to Hong Kong and/ or Vienna.
Should your team be interested in participating in the 5th Indian Vis Pre-Moot, please send the application form below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm, 31st December, 2014 (Indian Standard Time) at the latest.
Mr. Punya Varma:
Mr. Akshay Sewlikar:
Download Invitation, Registration Form