6th Government Law College International Law Summit 2015
SPIL has undertaken the task of promoting International law and taking legal studies beyond textual knowledge, hence encouraging its members to think out of the box. The Government Law College International Law Summit is a direct result of this constant endeavor.
Date: 30th January - 1st February, 2015
The Theme for the 2015 edition of the Summit is 'International Economic Law and Policy'. International Economic Law encompasses both the conduct of sovereign states in international economic relations, and the conduct of private parties in cross-border economic and business transactions.
The capitalistic threats to development have proved to be averse to sustainable development because of its excesses, while the helplessness of the 3rd world countries has created a dangerous porosity to achieve development. Yet there has to be a balance to move the world economy forward. Thus, there is need for international concern to harmonize development strategies to protect the developed and underdeveloped countries, with a view to preserving the world environment.
Call for Papers:
All members of the legal fraternity, practitioners, professors and students are invited to present original academic works at the 6th Government Law College International Law Summit.
Papers shall be of a minimum length of 2000 words, the aforementioned figure not inclusive of footnotes.
- Best Paper: Rs. 10,000/-
- 2nd Best Paper: Rs. 7,000/-
Winning authors will be given the opportunity to present their papers during the course of the summit. All such winning authors must register for the Summit once they have been informed of their achievement.
A demand draft for the amount of INR 1,000/-, drawn in favour of "SPIL Government Law College Mumbai" must be sent to the address given below before the 16th January, 2015.
Format for the Paper:
- All papers must be typed and reproduced on a standard A4 paper (21 x 29 3/4 centimetres). The font and size of the text must be the same and must be in Times New Roman 12-point.
- The text of the Paper must have one and a half spacing. However, text of footnotes and headings may be single-spaced.
- Quotations of 50 words or more shall be block quoted (i.e. right and left indented) and may be single-spaced.
- All pages shall have margins of at least one inch, or two point six (2.6) centimetres, on all sides, excluding page numbers.
- All Citations must be in accordance with the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation.
Registrations are permitted individually or in a team of two (2), three (3) or four (4). In case of the paper being authored by more than one individual, the names of the authors and the order of appearance must be specified.
Kindly take note that accommodation for the duration of the Summit shall be provided only to individuals or teams whose papers have been thus chosen. Accommodation will be provided for a maximum of two (2) members, in case of a team registration.
The last date for submission of the final paper is 1st November, 2014.
Mr. Aayush Raman
Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL)
Government Law College
A Road Churchgate
Mumbai - 400020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com