International Conference on Law & Economics
Gujarat National Law University, Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad and Indian Institute of Technology - Kanpur are jointly organizing an International Conference on Law & Economics.
Date: 14th - 15th March, 2015
It is difficult not to be struck by the potential and synergy of a joint collaboration between three powerful institutions. And when the purpose of such collaboration is to enhance academic standards in a cutting-edge field, the excitement of academic illumination is commensurate and the addition of knowledge and momentum to the field immense. Fast-paced innovation in all fields and the specialisation of activities in and out of the marketplace has given rise to the need for multidisciplinary policy-oriented, comparative academic activities. It is clear that the way forward must come from an interaction of management, science and law.
Through the efficient coordina-tion of resources, the analysis of problems through rigorous, empirical tools and the sound, prin-cipled imposition of laws and regulations policy and strategy solutions can be arrived at regularly and successfully. It is but a rare occurrence when a National Law School, a National Management School and a National Engineering School come together for a common aim. The International Conference on Law & Economics, with its joint academic collaboration of the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad) and Indi-an Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) will inevitably enrich the debate around a number of policy problems in society and contribute to the establishment of the best responses. The academic endeavour, by catering to proposals of improved and efficient tools and systems, will aid in mitigating the problems and enhancing well-being.
The partnership will be one of its kind and will bring under one roof brilliant minds and ideas for the support of three robust institutions, paving the way towards establishing long-term development and expertise in not just Law & Economics but all the fields, organisations and communities it touches.
Aims and Objectives of the Conference:
The economic analysis of law applies the tools of microeconomic theory to the analysis of legal rules and institutions. Economic concepts are used to explain the effects of laws, analyze legal rules for economic efficiency, and predict which legal rules will or should be promulgated. GNLU's Certifi-cate Courses have always brought a rare opportunity for participants to understand the concepts of Law & Economics through a series of lectures comprising critical analyses, discussions, etc. in this endeavor, it is our aim to organize a large-scale international conference on Law & Economics with resource persons invited from various reputed institutions across the country and from around the globe, and beneficiaries including academicians and professionals from various fields in law, eco-nomics, finance, policy, business etc. We hope to facilitate wider and stronger engagement with the field and bring it to the forefront of legal and academic work today.
- The Role of Social Norms in the Formulation of Legal Rules and Policies.
- Perspectives on Property Rights: Mixing Physical & Intellectual Labour with Natural Resources
- Contract Law Perspectives on Commercial & Non-Commercial Activities
- Redressal Mechanisms and the Minimization of Transaction Costs in Disputes.
- Public Interest Protection: The Role of Constitutional Functionaries.
- Rethinking Regulation and Reform for a Better Corporate World.
- Protecting Against Crises and Bubbles
- The Co-evolution of Competitive Markets and Antitrust Laws
The list of themes provided is merely indicative & not exhaustive. Other relevant papers related to the themes are welcome. One Session during the course of the Conference will be dedicated to World Consumer Rights Day (15th March, 2015).
Call for Papers:
Submission of Abstract:
30th October, 2014
Intimation of selection of Abstracts:
7th November, 2014
Submission of Papers:
3rd January, 2015
Date of Conference:
14th - 15th March, 2015
- The Conference is open only to Scholars, Academicians and Professionals.
- Authors may submit only one Paper for the Conference.
- Co-authorship is permissible (subject to an upper limit of 2 Authors per submission).
- All submissions should be the original work of the Author, and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form.
- All papers presented during the conference will be published with an ISBN/ISSN number, however Authors may opt to withdraw and publish it elsewhere.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- The Abstract should be of 500-800 words.
- The author(s) shall specify Title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s), professional titles, e-mail addresses and contact number.
- The Abstract should be in .doc/.docx formats in Times New Roman font, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- All abstracts should be submitted through e-mail only.
- The author(s) should indicate the theme on which the paper is based.
- The abstracts shall be screened by the Organizing Committee. The Authors of the shortlisted abstracts shall be intimated accordingly.
All submissions (abstract/paper) and queries regarding the Call for Papers should be made to email@example.com
- For International Participants: 100 USD / 6500 INR
- For Indian Participants: 2000 INR
The mode of payment shall be intimated along with the intimation of short-listed abstracts.
Dr. Ranita Nagar
Ms. Kundhavi Suresh
Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba,
Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India) - 382007
Fax: +91-78788186624, 23276613