GNLU Essay Competition on 'Law and Economics'
Gujarat National Law University is organizing the Law and Economics Essay Competition.
This essay competition is the first of its kind all over the country, and is being organized with the objective of creating awareness among the general public at large about this nascent field of study, which can play a crucial role in making the Indian Legal System more efficient.
- All essays are to be written in English.
- Only one submission per author.
- Co-authorship is permitted for a maximum of 2 students.
- The Competition is open only to students pursuing Bachelors in Law, Masters in Law, or a degree in Economics.
- Font: Times New Roman, Size 12, Line Spacing: 1.5.
- Footnotes: Font: Times New Roman, Size 10, Line Spacing: 1.
- Margin space to be 1" on all sides.
- Citation Style: Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition
- All submissions must be accompanied by an Abstract of length 300-500 words, along with keywords.
- The essay should include a bibliography section. There is no need for an index.
- The word limit is 3000-5000 words, not including the title/abstract/footnotes/bibliography.
- No names should be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- All essays should be the original work of the author, and should not have been submitted/published elsewhere in any form
- All original works submitted for this competition will become the sole property of Gujarat National Law University.
All submissions are to be e-mailed to email@example.com, with the heading "GNLU Law & Economics Essay Competition", along with the following:
- Essay attached in .doc/.docx format
- Body of the e-mail should contain the names of the author(s).
- Cover Page attached as a Word Document containing:
- Title of Paper
- Names of Author(s)
- Professional Affiliation
- Contact Details: email ID, Phone number
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 7,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
Authors of the winning essays will be given an opportunity to present their papers before eminent scholars from across the globe at the International Conference on "Law and Economics" jointly organized by Gujarat National Law University, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Last Date for Submission: 12th January, 2015
- Announcement of Results: 2nd February, 2015
Dr. Ranita Nagar
Faculty Convener, GNLU Law & Economics Committee
Mr. Hiteshkumar Thakkar
Faculty Co-Convener, GNLU Law & Economics Committee
Ms. Kundhavi Suresh
Student Convener, GNLU Law & Economics Committee
Mr. Anup Kumar Naik
Student Member, GNLU Law & Economics Committee
GNLU Law and Economics Committee
Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba,
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat