National Seminar on "Law, Science and Technology: The Way Forward"
Institute of Law, Nirma University is pleased to organize a National Seminar on "Law, Science and Technology: The Way Forward".
Date: 30th - 31st January, 2015
Law and Science both came into existence in the form of a product of civilization and knowledge. Law has been an integral part of growth of civilization as well as human life since ancient times, whereas the impact of science on human life is a recent phenomenon. Today human life and activities are deeply influenced by science, whereas the law is playing the role of the regulator of human life and activities related thereto. Advent of new technologies has brought about situations not previously contemplated.
In today's democratic era and in the interest of man and society, understanding the interface between law, science and technology is not only essential but imperative. There has always been some distance between law, science and technology. It is necessary to bridge the gap.
With a vision to highlight the key issues involving law, science & technology, Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) endeavours to invite students, research scholars, academicians, policy makers, practitioners, NGOs, regulatory bodies, government departments/organisations and various other stakeholders to initiate a dialogue on the theme 'Law, Science and Technology: The Way Forward' and to critically analyse the contribution oflegal framework, technology and other initiatives to find the way for the future challenges.
- Biotechnology and Law
- Issues in the (Draft) National Biotechnology Regulatory Bill
- Biotechnology in agriculture
- Food production and food security
- Biotechnology and ethics
- Genetic engineering and human rights
Nanotechnology and Law
- Nanotech in Life Sciences & Medicine
- Nanotechnology in data storage
- Nanotechnology safety
- Nanotechnology Impacts on Environment
- Emerging challenges before energy regulation in India
- Nuclear Energy and Law
- New and renewable energy : Future challenges
Information Technology and Cyber Law
- Recent Trends & Issues in relation to ICT Law
- Increase in cyber-crimes and challenges before the existing laws
- Cloud Computing
- Regulating Social Media over internet
Health and Law
- Clinical Trials Safety Regulations in India - Global perspective and current scenario
- IPR and public health
- Patient Health Safety and Compliance for Prescription Medicine
Air and Space Law
- Law governing the international space station
- Space tourism: Legal aspects
- National space legislation
- Liability regime governing the space activities
- Dispute settlement mechanism for space activities
- Air Law and Policy in India
Forensic Science and Law
- Evolution of Criminal Justice Reform vis-à-vis forensic science
- Forensic Science and Law
- DNA fingerprinting and Law
Maritime and Shipping Law
- Law of the Sea and Piracy issues
- Maritime Security and Safety in the Asian region
- Costal and marine spatial planning and the maritime industry
- Legal compliance issues in the global activities of a modern ship-owner
- Only complete research paper consist of 3500-5000 words along with an abstract (consist of 250-400 words) which is to be submitted through email on the id: email@example.com
- Two authors are allowed on a single paper however both of them have to do separate registration by paying the registration fee separately.
- Selected papers would be published in an edited book with an ISBN no.
- Paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with line spacing of 1.5
- The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font size 10 and line spacing of 1
- Citation must be according to Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
- Only original work is invited and any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Paper published elsewhere or selected for publication shall be disqualified.
- Paper can be sent in '.doc' or '.docx' format.
- Paper will be judged on the basis of its content, lucidity and originality. The quality of analysis, meticulousness of research, will be considered in its comprehensiveness. Other aspects of quality such as rationality, approach, structure and innovative application will be other parameters on which the jury will evaluate the paper.
- The entries will be judged by a committee of leading academicians, jurists, and legal practitioners and policy makers from across the country.
- Full Paper Submission: 30th November, 2014
- Last Date for Registration: 15th December, 2014
- Students/Research scholar: Rs. 1000/-
- Faculty: Rs. 1500/-
- Professionals: Rs. 2000/-
Participants have to register themselves through registration fee which can be paid only through a demand draft in favour of "Institute of Law, Nirma University" payable at Ahmedabad along with the registration form
Mr. Rohit Moonka / Ms. Silky Mukherjee
Assistant Professor of Law & National Seminar Convenor
Institute of Law, Nirma University
Phone: 079-30642824, +91-97238 94853
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mr. Chandrashekhar Sharma
Mr. Himanshu Sharma
Mr. Kunal Dubey
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
SG Highway, Ahmedabad
Download Brochure, Poster