The Rostrum Essay Competition, 2014
The competition is for undergraduate law students interested in academic legal writing. The competition aimed to cater to a large number of law students by enabling them in writing on legal topics of their own choice.
For the Rostrum Essay Competition 2013, 230 Abstracts were received out of which 100 got selected the competition was bundled with lots of rewards to compliment the hard work of the participants.
The advisory board and the panel of judges for the competition consisted of eminent scholars, academicians and professionals from legal fraternity.
The participants are free to write their essay on any legal issue of their own choice.
Who Can Participate?
The competition is meant for undergraduate law students interested in academic legal writing.
How to participate:
- Step 1: Send you abstracts within 300 - 350 words to email@example.com
- Step 2: Get notified about your abstract selection
- Step 3: Register for the Competition by submitting the Registration Fee & Registration Form
- Step 4: Submit your essay along with the Copyright Agreement
- Step 5:Results will be notified via email & on the website
- Cash Prize:
- Winner - Rs 25,000/-
- 1st Runner up - Rs 15,000/-
- 2nd Runner up - Rs 10,000/-
- Publication of 10 best essays in a special issue of Online Journal: Rostrum's Law Review, ISSN: 2321 - 3787.
- Publication of all the abstracts in Rostrum's Essay competition website.
- Free courses and gift vouchers by Rostrum worth Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to all the selected participants in the competition.
Certificate of Participation:
- A certificate of participation will be awarded to all the selected participants.
A registration fee of Rs. 1000/- shall be required to be paid by the participants to register for the competition.
Only those participants whose abstracts are selected will be required to register and pay the respective amount. Provision of waiver of registration fee is also available for eligible participants.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author.
- Co- Authorship is allowed for the maximum of 2 students.
- The essay should be original work of the authors and should not have been published in any form or manner before. Alkemia Legal Education Ventures will not be responsible for any claims made by any parties regarding copyright infringements in the works submitted by authors.
- The participant should send his/her essay as an attachment in .doc format with subject "Rostrum's Essay Competition" -
- Name of Author(s)
- Cover page containing name of participant, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
Each essay must be accompanied by a declaration to the effect that it has not been published, submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere. All original works submitted for this competition shall assign their copyright to Alkemia Legal Education Ventures Pvt. Ltd., which shall become the sole proprietor of the works submitted.
The Paper should be typed in MS Word format only. The sub heading should be in Font size 14, Bold, Times New Roman, Left alignment. The main text should be in Font 12, Normal, Times New Roman and Justified and end notes should be in font size 10, Left aligned.1.5 inter cellular spaces.
In case if you are using the graphs, tables and figures in the paper. Also attach photo of the particular item to the email with the paper.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- The abstract should not exceed 350 words, and a title and keywords must be attached.
- The paper must have an introduction and conclusion. Authors should use endnotes and use of footnotes is prohibited.
- The essay should not be less than 3,000 and more than 4,000 words (excluding endnotes).
- Endnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
The participants are advised to adhere to the following schedule for participation in the competition:
- Submission of Abstracts: October 15, 2014
- Notification of Abstract Selection: October 18, 2014
- Last date of Registration (Online): October 25, 2014
- Submission of Final Essays: November 30, 2014
- Declaration of Result and Publication of Selected Essays: December 20, 2014
Mr. Madhurjya Jyoti Gogoi
The Rostrum Essay Competition, 2014
Download Submission Guidelines