Environment, Law and Society Journal, 2014: Call for Papers
The Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS welcomes contributions for the second issue of the Environment and Society Journal which is scheduled to be released in early, 2015.
The Environment, Law and Society Journal (ELSJ) is a student-edited journal published by the Center for Environment and Law of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
The journal aims to provide an active forum that inspires academics, researchers, students, judges and practitioners to express and share their experiences and opinions on themes relating to the interface of environment, law and society. Through this effort, the Journal also hopes to fill the lacunae relating to the academic debate on environmental issues among legal circles.
- Articles (5000-8000 words including footnotes)
- Short Notes (3000-5000 words including footnotes)
- Case Comments/Legislative Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes)
- Book Reviews (800-1000 words including footnotes)
- All works must be original, undistributed and unpublished.
- Articles found plagiarised will be summarily rejected.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews. Authors are encouraged to send in their abstract prior to the submission of the articles.
- Submissions should adhere to the following format:
- Main Text: Font - Times New Roman; Font size -12; Spacing - Double; Alignment - Justified;
- Footnotes: Font - Times New Romanl; Font size -10; Spacing - Every Footnote shall be single spaced, but there shall be double spacing between two different Footnotes
The Submissions should NOT contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
References should be footnoted in a uniform format.
Co-authorship, with a maximum of TWO authors is allowed.
The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the write up, followed by the author's name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author's name below the title of the paper.
Contributors are required to provide details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers
The Selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of a contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it.
An editorial board shall be set up by Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the author within six weeks after the deadline.
The copyright in the individual articles shall at all times remain vested in contributors and NUALS, Kochi shall hold copyright over all published materials.
The submission deadline is 15th October, 2014.