GNLU International Moot Court Competition, 2015
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is pleased to organize its flagship event the GNLU International Moot Court Competition (GIMC). GIMC has received recognition from various international organizations such as the American Society of International Law (ASIL), the International Law Students Association (ILSA), the Asian Society of International Law (Asian SIL) and the World Trade Institute (WTI).
Date: 4th - 8th February, 2015
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bona fide on a regular basis in an Undergraduate/Post Graduate law course (includes LLM programmes) or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University. Those students who are pursuing any Trade Law course/programme conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University are also eligible to apply. However in such cases, the final discretion would lie with the Organizing Committee.
- Recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one team to the Competition.
- The Team shall comprise of a minimum of two Members and a maximum of three Members. In a Team comprising of two Members, both the Members shall be designated as Orators. In a Team comprising of three Members, the third Member of the team shall be designated as Researcher.
- Any additional Member or Team Coach of any Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the Organizing Committee.
Anonymity of Teams:
- The Teams shall be allotted a "Team Code" after the Registration. Teams shall not reveal their identity in any form, except by the means of the Team Code allotted to them during the Competition.
- The memorials shall not reveal the identity of the team in any form and should not bear the logo, name etc. of the University represented.
- Any material presented to the Panel should be devoid of any identification marks/seal of the Team. If any such mark/seal exists, it must be rendered unrecognizable.
- Each team shall complete the registration within the stipulated time. The registration is a two-step process comprising of filling up of the registration form and payment of the registration fees.
- Registration will be open till 15th September, 2014 (11.59 P.M. IST).
- The Teams are required to send a bona fide letter issued by the appropriate authority of their Institution/College/University along with the duly filled registration form
- The Registration Fee is INR 3,500/- for Indian teams, Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries/ Economies. Teams from Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries/Economies may pay in INR or its equivalent amount in US Dollars or Euros.
- All other Teams shall pay US $200 or its equivalent excluding service charge (if any) in Euro as registration fee.
- Winning Team shall be awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of INR 40,000
- Runners Up Team shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000
- Best Written Submission award carries a cash prize of INR 6,000 and a Black's Law Dictionary to each member of the team.
- Team with the second best Written Submission shall be awarded a Merit Certificate.
- Best Orator in the preliminary rounds shall be awarded a Merit Certificate.
- Best Orator in the final round shall be awarded a Merit Certificate.
- All members of each Team shall be awarded Certificates of Participation
Accommodation shall be provided to the participants only during the days of the Competition. Teams who intend to arrive prior or leave after the specified dates are required to make their own arrangements.
Mr. Girish R.
Ms. Garima Goswami
Phone: +91-81286 50806
Ms. Snigdha Guha Roy
The Convener, Organizing Committee,
GIMC, Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Phone: +91-79-23287157, +91-79-23287158
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form & Waiver Form, Schedule