Nirma University - 1st ADR Research Paper Writing Competition
Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Institute of Law, Nirma University is pleased to announce the 1st ADR Research paper writing Competition on the theme "International Commercial Arbitration in India: Problems and Prospects".
This Competition attempts to provide a platform for the law students for expressing their views on various aspects of International Commercial Arbitration and recent developments taking place across the globe and in India which effects the Indian position.
The sub themes / topics of the competition ensure to provide global relevance and encourage the participants to analyze and convey their thoughts and probable solutions on the topics.
Topics for Research Paper Writing:
- Challenges for Bilateral Investment Treaties and issues related to investment arbitration
- Judicial Intervention in Arbitral process: Analysis post BALCO v Kaiser Aluminium judgment
- Enforcement and Recognition of International Arbitral Awards in India: Issues and Challenges
- International Arbitration Tribunals in India: Future Opportunities and Challenges
- Number of Team Members: Joint Authorship is allowed with a maximum of two authors. However, such co-author has to register separately by paying the requisite registration fee.
- No individual shall be a member of more than one registered Team. If any individual joins more than one Team, then all Teams of which such individual is a team member shall be disqualified.
- Participating team is only eligible to write for one topic.
- Team Composition - Subject to these rules, the Competition is open to all bonafide students enrolled in any full-time undergraduate and post graduate Law programme of any recognized Law College/ Institution/ University in India. All team member (in case of joint authorship) of a Team should be students of the same College/ Institution/ University only.
- Registration form (Annexure - 1) and the Declaration of Authority (Annexure - 2) shall be scanned and be send by email on firstname.lastname@example.org along with final paper.
- Registration fees for the Competition is 300 INR through Demand Draft in Favour of "Institute of Law, Nirma University", Payable at Ahmedabad.
- Registration form along with Demand Draft should be sent on or before 30th April, 2014 along with the research paper.
- Scanned Copy of College / Institute/ University ID Card must also be sent along with the submission.
- Research Paper will be judged on the basis of its content, lucidity and originality. The quality of analysis, meticulousness of research, will be considered in its comprehensiveness. Other aspects of quality such as rationality, approach, structure and innovative application will be other parameters on which the jury will evaluate the paper.
- The entries will be judged by a committee of leading law academicians, jurists, and legal practitioners from across the country. The decision of the committee will be final and no appeal shall be entertained however which regard to the decision of the jury.
On each topic there would be prizes as mentioned below:
- First Prize - INR 7000
- Second Prize - INR 5000
- Third Prize - INR 3000
- Best paper of first prize winner from each topic will be considered for publication in the upcoming journal of Centre for ADR, Institute of Law Nirma University and may be invited to present their paper in a Symposium which will tentatively be organized in the first/second week of May.
- Certificate of merit will be awarded to other 5 papers (apart from the above three Prize) from each topic.
- Participation certificate will be awarded to all the participants.
Mr. Rohit Moonka
Convenor, Centre for ADR
Mr. Yash Bagra
Phone: + 91-8140769110
Ms. Pragati Dwivedi
Phone: +91 99742 45985
Institute of Law, Nirma University
S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 382481
Download Registration Form