Nirma University's Journal of Criminal Law and Justice: Call for Papers
The Journal of Criminal Law and Justice is a faculty run, peer-reviewed journal published by the Centre for Criminal Law and Justice, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The Journal seeks to provide a platform for engaging in multi-disciplinary discussions on themes of criminal law and justice and human rights. The Journal welcomes submissions from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students from law and allied fields.
JCLJ welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2013-14 volume.
- The word limit for articles is 6,000 to 10,000 words including footnotes. The word limit for case notes and case comments is 5,000 words and the scope of inquiry may include analysis of recent case laws, legislations or policies.
- We also welcome reviews of books that have made a significant contribution to legal or academic scholarship. Successful submissions to this category will engage substantively with the ideas and themes explored in the book instead of merely providing a summary of its main arguments. The word limit for book review is 3000 words.
- JCLJ follows the Blue Book (19th edition) citation style. Authors are encouraged to adhere as closely as possible to this citation style.
- Please submit your manuscript as a MS-Word document. The manuscript must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. The Times new Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 shall be followed.
The submission should have an attached cover page with the following details:
- Title of the submission
- Name of the Author
- Affiliation and a short bio of the author (200 words)
Apart from the cover page, the rest of the submission should not contain any reference to the identity of the author in order to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
Submissions for the 2013-14 volume are accepted on a rolling basis up to 30th June, 2014.
Centre for Criminal Law and Justice,
Institute of Law, Nirma University,