6th South Asian Essay Writing Competition on International Humanitarian Law - Ensayo 2014
Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross Regional Delegation for South Asia, New Delhi is pleased to organize the 2014 edition of its Essay Writing Competition "Ensayo".
International Humanitarian Law in South Asia: Prospects & Challenges
Ensayo 2014: 6th South Asian Essay Writing Competition on International Humanitarian Law is open to students from the disciplines of Law, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Defense Studies, International Relations, Medical Sciences, Mass Media and Journalism from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Each participant shall be permitted to submit only one individual entry.
- Joint entries shall not be permitted.
- There is no Registration Fee for the competition.
- To participate in the competition, participants must submit their essay along with the filled registration form by 30th May, 2014. You may send your competition entry along with the necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Essay should be submitted in MS WORD format only.
- The last date of submission is 30th May, 2014 latest by 23:59 hours Indian Standard Time. Submissions will however be accepted till two days after the last date of submission, with a penalty of 1 mark per day.
- The essay must contain an abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the key issues and setting out the main conclusions reached.
- No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any form of identification of the participant.
- No hard-copy submission of the essay is to be made.
- The participants may choose to write on any topic within the ambit of the broader theme of the competition i.e."International Humanitarian Law in South Asia: Prospects & Challenges"
- Submission must not exceed 3500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Violation of the word limit will result in a penalty of 1 mark per 50 words exceeded.
- The essay must include references in the form of footnotes.
- The Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) should be followed for the citations.
- All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants; plagiarism will result in automatic disqualifications.
- The contestants by entering in the competition agree to indemnify the organizers from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
- All entries shall be considered to be the property of the Center for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (India) which reserves the right of publication of the same in any book, journal, or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
- The essay should not have been submitted in any other competition and/or for publication whatsoever.
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs.10,000/-
Launch of Competition/ Release of Competition Materials:
1st April, 2014
Last Date for Submission of Entries:
30th May, 2014
Results of Ensayo 2013:
30th June, 2014
Mr. Jatin Garg
Ms. Riya Prem Raaj
Mr. Tathagata Chatterjee
Phone: +91 987 655 6483
Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH)
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Sidhuwal - Bhadson Road,
Download Competition Handbook