International Essay Competition on Corporate Law
Department of Laws, Panjab University in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing an International Essay Competition on Corporate Law.
The objective of the competition is to undertake advanced study and research in the emerging areas of the corporate field and to bring about publications which can positively contribute towards providing clarity in the grey areas.
- The Competition is open to students who are pursuing their graduate & post graduate in law, M.Com & MBA in any university across the world.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. However, those who have completed either their Company Secretary/ Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible
The participant must also send a certificate from the Head of the Institution certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student of the University.
Theme of the Essay:
"Companies Act, 2013: A Revolutionary Legislation or Not"
The theme is broad in nature. The participants can also take up any particular section/ issue/ changes introduced or any new concept incorporated for writing under the Companies Act, 2013
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-Authorship is permitted only up to two authors.
- The Students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission. (The entry which is received first will be entertained)
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay.
- Registration Form to be sent along with the Essay (No registration fee). The Registration form must be signed by the head of the Institution/University.
Length of the essay:
- The Essay shall consist of an abstract, main text and bibliography.
- An abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the title and keywords must be attached
- The essay shall be no longer than 2000 words. (Excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to Bluebook (19th Edition) rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation
- Essay to be printed on one side of A4 size paper.
Cover of written submission:
- The written submission must have a cover page containing the name of the Participant, address, e-mail id, contact number and name of the college/university with address.
- The external cover/envelope should be marked "Essay Competition".
- First Prize: 25,000
- Second Prize: 15,000
- Third Prize: 10,000
- Consolation Prizes : Rs 1000/- ( 12 Nos)
Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner. The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize Distribution Function. Exact date and location of the prize distribution shall be announced later. Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
Mode of Submission
- The essay competition consists of written and online submissions (both in word document and PDF) which are to be delivered to the Department of Laws, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014, latest by 31st March, 2014.
- The written submissions must be sent to:
Prof. Nishtha Jaswal, Chairperson
Department of Laws
And the essay must be mailed at email@example.com
The last date for Submission is 31st March, 2014.
Dr. Rajinder Kaur
Co-coordinator, Assistant Professor
Department of Laws, Panjab University
Mr. Jatinder Maan
Prof. Nishtha Jaswal
Chairperson, Department of Laws
Panjab University, Chandigarh