ASSOCHAM - National Seminar on Service Tax
ASSOCHAM has always been a frontrunner in disseminating vital information and taking the cause of the member of trade and industry to the government, especially in the case of taxation related matters. ASSOCHAM has received several issues on service tax from trade and industry which need clarification or reconsideration by the Government. Therefore, in order to provide the interaction between Industry and the Government and to provide clarifications across the table, ASSOCHAM is organizing a National Seminar on Service Tax.
Date: 6th March, 2014 (09.30 - 06.30)
Venue: Hotel Radha Regent, 171, Jawaharlal Nehru Sarai, Arumbakkam, Chennai
Shri R. Periasami, IRS, Commissioner of Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax, Chennai has already accepted our request to be the Chief Guest for the seminar. Other Govt. officials including Shri Awdhesh Kumar Singh, Commissioner (LTU), Chennai and Shri Alok Shukla, Additional Director General, DGCI would also be there to share their views with the participants.
Seminar Aims At:
- Sharing of knowledge and experience on the Service Tax related issues and other significant issues related to indirect taxes among participants and experts.
- To provide real time clarity to the participants from senior tax administrators on the provisions of new service tax regime.
- Direct feedback to the Government on issues raised at the Seminars by participants from various industry segments and professionals and seek resolution.
Issues to be discussed:
This national level Seminar will cover the following topics:
- Service Tax - Issues arises from the definition of service
- Issues in Cenvat Credit Rules
- Prosecution, Non - Bailable Offences & Power to Arrest
- Negative list of services & issues
- Declared Services - Issues
- Place of provision of service and issues
- Reverse Charge Mechanism & Issues
- How to handle Audit, Investigation, Search and Inquiry by multiple wings of Service Tax and Excise department
- Burning issues in Point of Taxation Rules
Who Should Attend?
CEOs, CFOs, Finance / Accounts / Legal Executives, Senior Auditors and Financial Professionals / Consultants, Service providers and manufacturing availing CENVAT credit, Exporters of services, Users of services provided in India or abroad, Middle & Senior Level executives dealing in Indirect Taxes in the corporate world as well as the practicing CA, CS, CWA and other related professionals.
Mr. Avinash Sharma
Mr. Ankit Raghav
Mr. Akshat Agarwal
Mr. Krishan Sharma
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Download Registration Form