National Seminar on Womanhood through the lens of Media
University of Law and Legal Studies, GGS IP University, in collaboration with Vikkalp Law Society, New Delhi is organizing a National Seminar for students on the topic 'Womanhood through the lens of Media'.
Date: 5th March, 2014
Venue: GGS IP University Campus, Sector 16C , Dwarka, New Delhi
- Portrayal of womanhood through media: Socio-legal dimensions
- Media trial of sexual offences: legal sanctity
Typecasting Women as the subjugated: Representing women in TV serials and media
Projecting feminism: advertisements and television shows
Call for papers:
- Students from various institutions are hereby invited to contribute papers for the proposed national seminar.
- The contributions are expected to be forwarded in both soft and hard copies according to the schedule provided hereunder.
- No TA/DA shall be provided by the Organizers.
The participants should obtain the same from their respective institutions. For participants outside Delhi, accommodation can be arranged on request at their own cost.
- Paper abstract should be in about 250 words approximately.
- Furnish the Contact details (Name, Address, and Contact No., E-mail address & Profile of the Author/s) along with the Abstract.
- The Last date for the submission of the Abstract is 22nd February, 2014.
- The Abstract should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Abstract for National Conference, 2014".
- All submitted abstracts shall be peer reviewed before acceptance.
- Notification of accepted abstracts will be provided to participants on25th February, 2014.
- Accepted Abstracts will require full papers, to be submitted electronically as MS-Word 2003/2007 on the same day of the seminar, 5th March 2014.
- Maximum length of the paper should be 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- The Abstract as well as the Full Paper shall be formatted with Font "Times New Roman", Font Size "12" for the Text and "16" for Headings.
- The selected papers will be put forward for post Conference Publication
Registration fee for participation for each submission is Rs. 200/-
Online Registration Form:
Mr. Ravi Mishra
Ms. Neha Chowdhary
Ms. Smriti Suri