Symposium on Privacy and Democracy in Cyberspace
The Committee for Public Policy and Governance, School of Law, Christ University is pleased to organize a Symposium on Privacy and Democracy in Cyberspace.
The committee enables a platform for the students to voice their opinions with matters relating to policies and legislations formulated by the Indian Parliament. It seeks to strengthen the legislative process by making it better informed.
It aims to deepen and broaden the legislative process by providing Houses with the necessary data and analysis for debates in Parliament and for deliberations in committee meetings.
- Privacy versus Security: Democracy versus Free Speech - Achieving Funambulism
- Technology and Law: Achieving Digital State
- Central Monitoring System
- Unique Identification Number
- Draft Privacy Bill
- Data Protection Laws in India
Privacy versus Disclosure: Evaluating the Challenges to Electronic Commerce
- Jurisdictional Issues
- E-Commerce in India: Need for a Regulatory Body
- Online Classifieds: The Position of Law in the New Sector
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited on any of the above themes.
Submissions would be entertained under the following heads:
- Articles: 4,000- 6,000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
Method of Submission:
- Submission to the Symposium has to be made by emailing a copy of the manuscript, along with posting a hard copy of the same. All submissions should be double-spaced in font size 12 following the Times New Roman format.
- One-inch margins should be left on both sides of the text and at the top and bottom. Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts in Microsoft Word Format and to use gender neutral language.
- The manuscript must not bear any bear identification of any kind.
References and Citation:
The use of footnotes rather than endnotes is preferred, in size 10 following a line spacing of 1.5. The style of citation should conform to The Bluebook: Harvard Law Review (19th edition).
The manuscript must be accompanied by an abstract, not exceeding 300 words, with five to eight keywords in the alphabetical order.
Procedure for Submission:
- All manuscripts must be addressed to: Committee for Public Policy and Governance, School of Law, Christ University, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560029, Karnataka, India.
- The electronic copy of the manuscript should be mailed to email@example.com.
All submissions, both hard and electronic copies, must be attached with a covering letter mentioning the name of the author, occupation, title of the manuscript, contact address and mobile number for future references.
The last date for submission is 25th February, 2014.
Fees to be at the venue of the Symposium
Mr. Shashank Atreya
Mr. Vineet Hegde