National Seminar on Media and Law
Faculty of Law, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is pleased to organize a two-day National Seminar on Media and Law.
Date: 7th - 8th March, 2014
The Media has not only chronicled the history of Indian Independence but was also in the fore-front to carve and lead the Independence Movement against the British Rule. Since then it has been the conscience - keeper of the various organs of the governments that came to power in democratic India and also the crusader of the rights of the masses. It is perhaps for these reasons that the Press - the Media is referred to as the Fourth Estate.
The media today has become an indispensible appendage of a democratic nation. Its role in getting justice for Jessica Lal, in the anti-corruption movement led by the Social Activist Shri. Anna Hazare and in instrumenting the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2013 is creditable. The Media which has led renaissances and reformations across the globe has come under scathing criticism in recent times.
Trial by Media, invasion of privacy, sensationalizing issues and yellow journalism to garner viewer ratings are some of the accusations hurled against it. It is said that Journalistic ethics and norms have become only ornamental and that the Press Council of India is merely a toothless tiger.
To examine, analyze and deliberate the role of the Media and to cement the cracks that have appeared in this pillar of democracy, a two-day National Seminar on Media and Law has been organized by the Faculty of Law, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
Call for Papers:
We call for academic contributions by way of Research Papers from Academicians, Professors, Researchers, Students and all other interested contributors. The papers must contain a comprehensive analysis of the problem and the author should use a wide range of sources and established authorities to support their argument. They may also provide alternatives or suggestions with a conclusion.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Media
- Media Trial
- Media Ethics and Law
- Submission of Abstract: 27th Jan 2014 up to 3 pm
- Confirmation of Abstracts: 29th Jan 2014 after 3 pm
- Last date of Paper Submission: 15th Feb 2014 up to 3 pm
- Confirmation of Papers: 20th Feb 2014 after 3 pm
- The abstract must contain between 175 to 200 words.
- The papers must contain between 5000 to 7000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- For the submitted papers to be considered for presentation, they must be original and should not have been published elsewhere. Research based papers shall be given more importance.
- In case the paper is found suitable for publication, as per the standards, it will receive a notification of acceptance from the Editors.
- Submission of an unsolicited paper to the editors does not secure a right of publication.
- The papers will be peer-adjudged.
- The Editors reserve the right to request for copies of any resources or authorities cited in the submitted paper. The publication of the papers in the form of an article remains subject to the Authors providing such copies.
- Plagiarism will lead to rejection of the paper.
- All Abstracts/Papers shall be sent by Email Only on firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no Registration or Accommodation Fee for the National Seminar.
The main author of the selected papers shall be provided with to and fro travelling allowance for the shortest route to Vadodara up to AC-III Tier in regular Mail/Express Trains only. For participants coming from within Gujarat, Bus Fare shall be reimbursed.
The papers must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere, and must contain a declaration to that effect. Selected papers shall become the property of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and the University reserves the right to publish it in its journal.
The authors shall transfer the copyright to The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda by way of the Copyright Transfer Form in the prescribed format; and the said form should be sent to organizers along with the paper by Email. email@example.com
Ms. Rajvi Bhavsar
Phone: +91-98988 87657.
Download Registration Form