Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition
The Social Service League of Government Law College, Mumbai is pleased to announce the first Socio-Legal Essay Competition open for all category of students from Maharashtra.
Participants are encouraged to write an essay on any one of the following topics for the competition:
- Does death sentence kill crime or the criminal?
- Are judicial proceedings in India more biased towards celebrities?
- Does Supreme Court's decision on L.G.B.T rights violate the basic human rights conferred by the Indian Constitution?
- Does society simply change with enactment of rules and laws?
- Discuss the credibility of Anti - Superstition Bill, 2013 passed in Maharashtra.
- Analyze the Criminal Amendment Act, 2013.
- The total word count must not exceed 1000 words including end-notes. The essays must be sent in ".doc" or ".docx" format.
- Footnotes are not allowed.
- The font style should be Times New Roman and the font size should 12.
- Please note that only the original submissions are invited and any instance of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Please do not submit entries which have been published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
Participants are required to submit the following details in a separate Word document along with their entry:
- Details of the course currently being pursued
- Contact details (including phone number and email address)
Kindly attach scanned image of your College ID card with the mail.
The committee (Social Service League) shall award a cash prize of Rs. 8,000/- for the Best Essay, Rs. 5,000/- to the 1st runner up and Rs. 3,000/- to 2nd runner up. And the winning entries shall be published in the first Socio-Legal Journal of Government Law College. The winners shall also receive a hard copy of the Journal in which the essays shall be published.
The entries along with the contact details document must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 P.M. on 31st January, 2014
Ms. Ritika Singal
Ms. Tanwika Kumari