International Conference on Media Impacting Society and Law
Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, U.P. is pleased to organize an International Conference on Media Impacting Society and Law
Date: 1st - 2nd March, 2014
Venue: Lloyd Law College, Plot No.11, Knowledge Park II, Greater Noida, U.P.
Advancement in communication technology has during the past two decades placed media almost at the center stage of human activities and endeavors. The revolution in communication has made media the most important component of one's daily living, be it for the politician, artist or film personalities or even for the very ordinary common man. In India media has been instrumental in upholding the democratic values and protection of rights of the common man.
Internet and social media has claimed new spaces in ones existence, its role can no more be ignored as being just of the private domain. The impact of internet and social media has become a matter of every one's concern.
Communication and information are essential pillars of a vibrant democracy, but misuse, overuse and abuse of various modes of communication has resulted in a much chaotic situation, that understanding and regulating of the media has become that of paramount importance in any Society, aspiring for a peaceful existence and co-existence.
Innovation and exploitation has to necessarily result in regulation. It is in this context that Lloyd Law College would like to explore and espouse the need for appropriate law and regulation, so that Law and society, march towards it predetermined mission of peace and prosperity to people in all Nations. Though the proclaimed objective of the conference is to analyze and deliberate the absence or non effect of legislation, this does not exclude presenters and participants from all other disciplines from participating, as media has an all pervasive impact on human society, to present their views, and ideas on media's impact on human life.
The international conference is designed to bring out the various dimensions of the pulls and pressures in society, to focus on the necessity of Media and its impact in the present day world. National and international perspectives on the impact of media are equally relevant in this era of the whole world being a global village. The conference is slated to be a two day programme with 4 concurrent technical sessions.
Topics for each of the Technical Sessions:
Technical session 1: Day-1
- Freedom of speech & personal right to privacy
- Internet as new global media
- Communication media and technology
- Private ownership of media and paid news
Technical session 2: Day-1
- Internet and the consumption of NEWS
- Challenges of traditional media vis a vis digital media
- Electronic Media and legal Regulations
- Yellow journalism and irresponsible media and the law
Technical session 3: Day-1
- Media and public opinion creations- dimensions and impact
- Role of Media and remedying of public wrongs
- Social media impacting life and peace
- Media Violence and social impact (Children, youth)
Technical session 4: Day-1
- Media impacting law reform
- Global Media and the Social Construction of Reality
- Stereotypes in the Media
- The Media's Role in Social Problems
Technical session 1: Day-2
- Media and the Right to information
- The tensions between State Security and Freedom of Information-Post WikiLeaks
- Social Media Monitoring and legal regulations
- The Media's Impact on International Affairs
- Public watch dog & censoring of media
Technical session 2: Day-2
- Enforcing ethics for media
- Social responsibility of media
- Media impacting culture
- Media impacting religion in contemporary Society
Technical session 3: Day-2
- Roles of Media in Environment Protection & Awareness
- Role of media in education
- Media and healthcare
- Role of media in public administration
Technical session 4: Day-2
- Role of media in the electoral process in democracy
- Media trails impacting justice delivery systems
- Regulating media-self, judiciary, legislation, ombudsman
- International developments in law relating to libel and privacy
- Use and role of media in advertising and promotions
- Recording in Public of a Crime? Role of Mobile Devices and Newsgathering
Information to Presenters:
The paper presenters may choose any one or more of the above listed topics. The topics are not exclusive; any Presenters may choose even an allied topic which is not listed above with prior notification so that such topics could be included in the agenda. Though the Conference is designed for academicians' world over there is no restriction to Presenters from other fields or professions. Media persons are especially welcome to interact on a subject which concerns them the most.
Foreign participants are advised to register early for issue of necessary letters and documents for obtaining the VISA for their travel and stay in India.
Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
All Abstract should be submitted by 20th February, 2014.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- The paper must be accompanied with the following details -
- A Cover Letter - Mentioning Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable),
- Name of College/ University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable) with Postal
- Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
- Registration Form - Duly filled
- Copy of the scanned Demand Draft.(Registration fees)
- Select papers, subject to peer review, will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0 One-Inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words. (Excluding footnotes / end notes / annexure / reports etc)
- All submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word 2007/2003 (.doc) format only.
Method of Submission:
All submissions for the conference have to be e-mailed to email@example.com
Plot No. 11, Knowledge Park-II,
Greater Noida - 201306
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com