3rd National Conference on International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law
Centre for International Humanitarian Law at Institute of Law, Nirma University invites you to the 3rd National Students' Conference on International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law, 2014
Date: 22nd February, 2014
- To initiate a dialogue among various stakeholders, including senior level policy makers, academics, and practitioners
- To discuss the practical challenge encountered in promoting IHL and the solution adopted
- Contemporary Challenges of Non-International Armed Conflicts
- ICRC Operations and engagement with Non-State Armed Groups (Non-State Actors) in NIAC
- Transnational Armed Groups and IHL
Mapping the Humanitarian threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Humanitarian Consequences of Nuclear, Radioactive, Biological and Chemical Weapons
- Anti-personal Landmines and Explosive Remnants of War
- Arms Trade Treaty
Generating Respect for IHL
- Strengthening the Rule of Law
- New and Contemporary Mechanism to implement IHL
- Recognizing the roles of Non-Government Organisations in IHL
International Refugee Law
- Contemporary Issues in Refugee Law
- Role of Humanitarian law in protecting refugees and asylum seekers
Paper Submission Guidelines:
- An abstract should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size)
- Abstract (not exceeding 200 words) should reach latest by, 25th January, 2014 in Soft Copy. The Final paper (not exceeding 4000 words) should reach latest by, 9th February, 2014 in Soft Copy.
- Citations must be by way of footnoting in consonance with the 18th Blue Book edition format.
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address (es), Telephone No. and e-mail address (es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within 7 days of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 9th February, 2014.
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered.
- The papers and abstracts can be submitted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for Abstract Submission: 25th January, 2014
- The last date for Paper Submission: 9th February, 2014
- Registration fees: Rs. 500.
Registration fees should be payable by Demand Draft in favour of "Institute of Law, Nirma University" payable at Ahmedabad.
Ms. Heli Pathak
Mr. Vibhor Chaplot
Post: Chandlodia, Via: Gota,
Ahmedabad - 382 481, Gujarat