National Law School LL.M. Journal of Law (NLJL): Call for Papers
NLJL is an open-access, inter-disciplinary e-journal published quarterly by National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU). The e-journal is the maiden journal published exclusively by LL.M. student body under aegis of the Post Graduate & Doctoral Council, NLSIU. This is an initiative to encourage and engage students, hailing from myriad of cultures and communities, to voice their diverse opinions; indulge in analysis of legal developments, both, at domestic and international level; and deliberate on the interface of law and other disciplines. This would serve the aim of fostering a culture of co-operative learning.
As per its mandate, the journal promotes scholarship in the fields of law and allied subjects to foster a better understanding of the interrelationship between law and other disciplines.
The NLJL solicits submissions for its maiden issue to be launched in February 2014. The authors can make submissions under the following heads:
- Articles (5000-8000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Essay (3000-5000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Debate (1500-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Case Comments and Legislative Briefs (1500-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- International Legal Developments (1500-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes)
As the Journal is theme-based, so the authors are required to restrict themselves to the following themes (excluding Submission Heads 4 and 5):
- International Refugee Law (Illustrative Sub-Themes)
- Syrian Refugee Crisis
- Indian Policy towards Refugees
- Asylum, Extradition and Sovereignty
- Third World Perspective of International Refugee Law
- Diplomatic Asylum
Intellectual Property Rights (Illustrative Sub-Themes)
- Ever Greening of patents
- Compulsory licensing in Pharma sector
- Copyright issues vis-a-vis availability of the educative texts to students
- First Sale Doctrine: impact of changes in the definition in light of Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons, Inc Verdict
The submission rules are as follows:
- Form of Submission:
- The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and 1.5 spacing.
- All pages shall be numbered.
- Journal uses footnote and not endnotes. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and single spacing.
- The citation style must conform to 'The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 19th Edition'.
- All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the paper.
There is no requirement of prior submission of the abstract.
- Foreign words:
- Foreign words not currently absorbed into the English language should be italicized, e.g., "inter alia", "bona fide" etc.
Method of Submission:
- Journal accepts submissions electronically only.
- The submission should be made in MS-Word (.doc format) ONLY.
- Students should email their submissions for the journal to email@example.com. The email subject line should be: "[Name of the Category Under Which You Wish to Submit] Submission: [Title of Paper]."
- The email should be accompanied with following MS-Word Files (.doc format):
- Covering Letter: All submissions must be accompanied with a covering letter, containing the name of the author/s, title and category of the submission and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address and the phone number.
- Abstract and Manuscript: The body of the submission must NOT CONTAIN IDENTIFICATION OF ANY KIND. Violation of this requirement would invite disqualification of the submission.
Copyright Transfer Agreement: The selected authors are required to submit a copyright agreement via post. The copy of the agreement is available here.
Co-authouring of papers:
- Co-authoring of papers is permissible for ARTICLES only.
The deadline for submissions is 30th January, 2014.
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore - 560 072