Nuclear Law Association - 3rd Annual Meeting
The Nuclear Law Association (NLA) is organising its 3rd Annual Meeting with the specific aim to deliberate on public engagement, consultation and acceptance of nuclear energy projects. The meeting further aims to seek a better understanding of the necessary legal framework for a safe nuclear energy program in India.
"Nuclear Energy and Indian Society: Public Engagement, Risk Assessment and Legal Frameworks"
Date: 1st March, 2014
Venue: India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited from lawyers, academics, social scientists and the student community. A critical and comparative analysis of process, policy and law is encouraged. The papers must be submitted under any of the identified themes.
- Public engagement, consultation and acceptance
- Nuclear energy safety and public discourse
- Case studies from India on public engagement (comparative studies can be included but must include an India component)
- Land acquisition and EIA in India
- Safety regulations and its enforcement
- Nuclear regulatory institutions
- Siting, consent and project execution
- Nuclear liability and compensation
The following should be strictly adhered to and submitted in a single Word document:
- An abstract of not more than 150 words.
- The abstract should contain the research issues and a description of how the author proposes to address the issues. All in a paragraph format.
- A complete profile of the author. (2-3 lines)
1st January, 2014
15th January, 2014
28th February, 2014
A special issue of Journal of Risk Research, Taylor and Francis will publish the invited and selected papers. A total of 5 papers will be selected for publication. Two out of these five papers will also be offered a presentation slot at the third annual meeting of NLA.
- Lawyers and Industry: Rs 3000/-
- Government, NGOs and Research Institutes: Rs 2500 /-
- Students: Rs 1500/-
Note: Registration amount waived for accepted papers and paper presenting participants. NLA and INLA members are offered 25% discount.
The registration deadline is 25th February, 2014. The maximum participants will be 60.
Dr. R. Rajesh Babu
Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
Ms. Els Reynaers Kini
Partner, M V Kini & Company & General Secretary, Nuclear Law Association
Download Participation Form