Nirma University Law Journal: Call for Papers
The Journal Committee of Institute of Law, Nirma University hereby invites articles, research papers, case studies, and book reviews on Law and allied areas for publication in Nirma University Law Journal.
It can be an inter-disciplinary study reflecting socio-economic and political ideas or contemporary issues across disciplines like Sociology, Political Science, Public policy and Economics in the context of Law. The journal is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed ISSN serial publication from, Institute of Law, Nirma University. It showcases contemporary issues and challenges specific to law; with an inter-disciplinary approach towards knowledge.
It is the endeavour of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
Articles / Case Comments / Book Reviews:
The Journal invites Articles, Case Comments or Book Reviews pertaining to law and allied areas. The write up should be a comprehensive review of current/contemporary relevant legal issue(s)/question(s) that need to be analyzed and presented. It must be clear on the topic dwelt upon and lucidly presented without any ambiguity. The author's stand on the issue(s) should be expressed with clarity. The article should aim at understanding the issue(s) of current/contemporary legal importance. The word limit for the submission is 4000 - 6000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract
Notes and Comments:
Notes and Comments may include a brief analysis of a recent judicial pronouncement, legislation, book or any legal issue of relevance. The word limit for the submission is 2000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter stating the title, author's full name, university and year of study and the author's contact details. Only the covering letter should contain the above mentioned details and not the manuscript.
- Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
- Citations should follow the Harvard Blue Book (18th Ed.).
- The Times new Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 shall be followed.
- Entries are to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by, 30th January 2014. No hard-copy of the same is required.
- The typescript should be accompanied by an abstract in about 200 words along with a declaration that the paper has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
The last date for contributions is 30th January, 2014 (12:01 am)
Mr. Nitesh Chaudhary
Mr. Renjith Thomas
Nirma University Law Journal,
Institute of Law, Nirma University
S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad - 382 481
Download Editorial Policy