NIPO IP Academy - Online Expert Program in Patents
NIPO is an umbrella initiative on developing policy initiatives in the area of IP. NIPO has launched the "NIPO IP Academy" for enhancing skills of the IP literate manpower in our country to ensure availability of trained IP manpower.
The NIPO IP Academy has launched a 4 month online course on Patent Laws. The course includes a unique blend of contents prepared by both practicing lawyers and non-lawyers. It is meant for those appearing for patent agent examination and those who are looking for a course for expertise in patents. This course is Indian patent centric.
Eligibility: Any graduate.
Course fees: Rs. 12,500/- + Tax (1,545) = Rs. 14,045/-
Registration Deadline: 15th December, 2013
- A book on 'Patent Agent Examination' by Lexisnexis. One of the esteemed authors of the book is an author for the programme.
- Certificate from NIPO for 'Expert Programme in Patents' after passing the online examination for the course.
- Patent agent exam training.
- Concept of patent.
- Patent document and specification.
- Overview of patent system in India.
- Patent drafting and prosecution.
- Patentability requirements.
- Patent opposition: Pre and post-grant.
- Patent maintenance and amendment.
- Claim construction.
- Patent infringement and defences.
- Remedies & penalties for infringement.
- Patent enforcement.
- Types of patents.
- Patent co-operation treaty.
- Compulsory licensing.
- Powers of the Controller.
- Online chat with the authors of the book every Saturday 10 to 11 am.
- Online videos from the faculties.
- Webinars from the renowned faculties.
- Online support for queries within 24 hours.
- Learning management system.
- Registered patent agent forum, which would guide students about the exam. The Domain experts are experts in the different domains. The details of the same can be found at the website.
- Monthly E-magazine on patents
NIPO IP Academy
C-203, Kairali Apartments
Plot No. 10, Sector 3,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110 078