The Rostrum Essay Competition
The Rostrum Essay Competition 2013 is the newest educational project by Alkemia & Rostrum. The competition seeks to nurture the creative talent of young authors from legal fraternity.
The competition is meant for undergraduate law students interested in academic legal writing. The competition aims to cater to a large number of law students by enabling then in writing on legal topics of their own choice. The competition is bundled with lots of rewards to compliment the hard work of the participants.
The advisory board and the panel of judges for the competition consists of eminent scholars, academicians and professionals from legal fraternity.
- The competition is open to all the undergraduate law students in India.
- The participants will be selected on the basis of an Abstract submitted by them on the topic of their interest.
- Only one submission is allowed per author.
- Co - authorship is allowed for a maximum of 2 students.
- An abstract, not exceeding 500 words, is required to be submitted by email before 15th November 2013.
- The selection of participants for the competition will be done on the basis of the abstracts submitted by them.
- Formatting & Citations:
- The Essay must have an introduction and conclusion. Authors should use endnotes and use of footnotes is prohibited.
- The Essay / Abstract should be typed in MS Word format only. The sub heading should be in Font size 14, Bold, Times New Roman, Left alignment. The main text should be in Font 12, Normal, Times New Roman and Justified and endnotes should be in font size 10, Left aligned.1.5 intercellular spaces.
- In case if you are using the graphs, tables and figures in the paper. Also attach an image of the particular item to the email while submission.
- Word limit for Abstract shall be 500 words and full essay should be written in between 3500 and 4000 words.
- Endnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- It is advised that Bluebook 19th edition be followed.
- Cash Prize:
- 1st Prize: Rs. 8000
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 4000
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 2000
- Publication of 10 best essays in a special issue of Online Journal: Rostrum's Law Review, ISSN: 2321 - 3787.
- Publication of all selected abstracts in Rostrum's Blog.
- Free courses and gift vouchers by Rostrum worth Rs. 1 Lakh to all the selected participants in the competition
Certificate of Participation:
- A certificate of participation will be awarded to all the selected participants.
The submission should of the abstracts and essays should be done by email before the stipulated deadlines to the official email id of the competition: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the queries relating to the competition will be entertained on the above email id.
The participants selected for the competition will required to pay Rs. 500 as Registration Fee (Rs. 1000 in case of Co-Authors) to register for the competition.
How to Enter:
Law students interested in participating in the competition should follow the step by step rule mentioned below:
- Prepare and Submit an Abstract by 15th November, 2013.
- Get Notified of the Selection by the Organizing Committee on 18th November, 2013.
- Submit the Registration Form along with the Registration Fee by 25th November, 2013.
- Submit the full essay along with copyright declaration form through email by 15th January, 2014.
- Get Notified about the Results and Publication on 15th February, 2014.
Copyright & Plagiarism:
- Each essay must be accompanied by a declaration to the effect that it has not been published, submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere. All original works submitted for this competition shall assign their copyright to Alkemia Legal Education Ventures Pvt. Ltd. which shall become the sole proprietor of the works submitted.
- The essay should be original and unpublished work of the author/s. Alkemia Legal Education Ventures will not be responsible for any claims made by any parties regarding copyright infringements in the works submitted by authors.
- Submission of Abstract: 15th November, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: 18th November, 2013
- Last Date of Registration: 25th November, 2013
- Submission of Essays: 15th January, 2014
- Publication of Results: 15th February, 2014