Rotary Indian International Model United Nations (RIIMUN) - 2014
RIIMUN has been India's premier International Model UN for a number of years now. The event is being jointly hosted by Rotary Club of Pune North East and Rotary Club of Poona Airport. The conference attracts some of the best young debating talents, who don the role of United Nations delegates and discuss global issues of great relevance.
Date: 10th - 12th January, 2014
Venue: Balaji Institute of Modern Management at Wakad, Pune
The aim is to create international awareness among the youth and expose them to the procedures and working of the United Nations to resolve pertinent global issues. We also aim to educate participants about civics, effective communication, globalization and multilateral diplomacy in a bid to create world leaders.
The conference shall witness the simulation of 7 councils. In addition, there will also be a simulation of the International Press at the conference, for all the budding photographers and journalists with an interest in international relations and world events.
Committees and Topics:
- United Nations Economic and Social Council
Agenda 1: Social, Cultural and Economic ramifications of Corruption on Economic growth in the changing Global Scenario
Agenda 2: Promoting efforts to eliminate violence against migrants, migrant workers and their families
- United Nations General Assembly
Agenda 1: The Right to Internet: Scope and Limitations.
Agenda 2: International Cooperation to prevent and resolve Cyber-warfare.
- United Nations Security Council
Agenda 1: The situation in Syria.
Agenda 2: The conflict between Iran and Israel.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
UNHRC I: The Rights of LGBT: Focusing on the violations of the rights of LGBT people, including hate crime, criminalization of homosexuality, and discrimination
UNHRC II: Freedom of Expression and Respect for Religious Beliefs
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP: Role of religious education in fostering inclusive development
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
IAEA I: Trade in dual use technologies and the existing framework of restrictions
IAEA II: Radioactive waste management
- United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW)
UNCSW: Rights of Women against Violence, Legal and Cultural deprivation with particular reference to women of the Islamic fraternity
- Best Delegate: INR 10,000 & Certificate (Eight in Number)
- High Recommendation: INR 7,000 & Certificate (Eight in Number)
- Special Mention: INR 2,000 & Certificate (Two in Number)
- Honorable Mention: Certificate (Two in Number)
- Chairperson: INR 10,000 & Certificate
- Vice-Chairperson: INR 7,000 & Certificate
Mr. Kuldeep Jandial
District Chairman of RIIMUN 2014
Phone: +91-20-26121981, +91-9822684043
Mr. Harsh Nangia
Project Director of RIIMUN 2014