Seminar cum Workshop on Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Laws
School of Law, SASTRA University is organizing a two day National Seminar cum Workshop on "Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Law"
Date: 25th - 26th October, 2013
Venue: School of Law, SASTRA University
Defined as "the legal rights which results from intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields", intellectual property is an integral part of economic development and interactions in modern society. In order to promote creativity and dissemination and application of its results, countries have enacted laws to protect intellectual property. While these laws guard the creators of intellectual goods and services, they also manifest the gap between developed and developing countries in terms of access to critical technologies and resources. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) are an increasingly important part of a company's values. As developed countries move to knowledge based economies, protection of IPR becomes both more difficult and more important, particularly in a more competitive market. In a global marketplace, international protection of IPR is complex and generally not well understood.
Analyzing and assuming the importance in this field of law, it is decided to hold a seminar on the "The Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Law" recent changes in pharmaceutical sector and development in Bio technology has made us to revisit the intricacies which this law poses to the society.
The Seminar will provide the participants with an understanding in IP laws and the extent to which it protects inventions and designs. The seminar will consist of a number of sessions in which presentations on various aspects of IPR will be given by experts and practitioners, followed by a discussion.
- TRIPS: Its objects and advantages in streamlining IP regime across the globe and Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- Patent law: Intricacies and Harmonization of Patent Laws.
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Compulsory Licensing
- Patenting System India
Trade mark issues in corporate life and SMSE
- Trademark and Copyrights
- Passing Off
- Criminalization of Infringement
Copy Rights and Entertainment industries
- Performing Arts including Performers Rights etc.
- Copyright Board: Issues surrounding Copyright Board
Interface between Designs and Copyright Laws.
Geographical Indications and protection of Traditional knowledge.
Call for Papers:
Research papers should be complete and original in content as the papers would be shared with all the participants.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted, however only one can participate and present the paper.
- Abstract shall not exceed 300 words.
- The paper should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify the authority in a publication.
- The soft copy of the final paper shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th October, 2013. The hard copy shall be submitted on the day of registration.
- Plagiarism would result in permanent cancellation of the institution in further events organised in SASTRA UNIVERSITY.
- Soft copy of the duly filled registration form and the scanned copy of the DD shall be submitted to email@example.com on or before 5th October, 2013.
- Demand draft shall be drawn in favor of "The Registrar" SASTRA UNIVERSITY payable at Thanjavur.
- Participant shall submit the original Registration form and the original DD at the time of arrival at the venue.
- Registration fee is non refundable.
- Participation is limited to sixteen (16) only.
Boarding and lodging shall be provided from 3 P.M. on 24.10.2013 to 08 A.M. on 27.10.2013. No transport will be provided, participants have to reach the venue on their own however the organisers would guide the participants to reach the venue.
- Students and Research Scholars: INR 500
- Academicians: INR 1000
- Corporate and Others: INR 2000
Demand draft shall be drawn in favor of "The Regisrar" SASTRA UNIVERSITY payable at Thanjavur.
- Release of the invitation: 20.09.2013
- Last date for registration: 05.10.2013
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 30.09.2013
- Last date for submission of final paper: 20.10.2013
- Inauguration: 25.10.2013
- Valedictory Ceremony: 26.10.2013
Prof. R. Rajyavardhanan
Phone: +91-90435 03013
Prof. S. Sangeetha
School of Law, SASTRA University,
Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
Download Brochure, Call for Papers, Registration Form