FICCI - Online Certificate Course on Competition Law & Intellectual Property Rights
[Please mention in your application that the source of information is from AdvocateKhoj]
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has started an Online Certificate Course on Competition Law & Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs). The objective of the course is to make students and professionals learn about complex international legal environment in which multinational corporations and businesses operate. Through several case studies, the course introduces some practical legal concepts, pitfalls and compliances that are needed by today's businesses to comply with Competition Law, IPRs and their legal linkages.
This advance course provides dual benefits of learning Competition Law & IPRs challenges faced by Corporations when they expand in an organic or non-organic manner into new territories, markets and products.
Course Duration: 2 Months
Who Should Register?
- Students from Law stream
- Professionals from Industry
- Student pursuing Company Secretary Course
- Introduction to Global Competition Laws (Anti-Trust)
- Competition Laws in India
- Main Features of Indian Competition Law
- IPRs for Businesses
- Common Goals of IPRs and Competition Laws
- Conflict between IPRs and Competition Law
- Resolving Conflict between IPRs and Competition Laws
- Resolving Conflicts for Patents, Trademarks, IPR Licensing, Model Contracts, Case Studies
Importance of Course:
Any business and legal decision of a modern day corporations are intertwined. As distinction between roles in the office of CEO and General Counsel diminishes, it is important to understand and learn the complex legal environment created due to laws such as IPRs, Competition Laws (Anti-Trust) and their interface. With opening of Indian markets in almost all sectors, the present course teaches on aspects of how the modern day businesses protect and comply with IPRs and Competition Laws.
- Students: Rs. 4500/-
- Industry Professionals: Rs. 6000/-
- Others: Rs. 6000/-
Registration Start Date:
1st September, 2013
Last date for Registration:
Extended till 30th September, 2013
Conduct of the Course:
October - November, 2013
While submitting your registration form, please mention that you heard about this course from AdvocateKhoj. In the column 'Source of Information about Course', please select 'Website and Blogs' and fill "AdvocateKhoj".
The Conduct of the Online Course would be divided into 2 stages:
- Stage 1: Study Material to be provided to students downloadable in PDF file. FORUM to enable participants to raise queries to IP Expert and also to interact with other participants. The queries raised by participants would be responded by IPR Experts.
- Stage 2: Online Examination and issuance of certificates.
The applicants will be required to give an online examination at the end of the 2 months duration, which will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The Online Examination will be of 100 marks. The dates will be notified by FICCI.
Mr. Abhishek Bajaj
Senior Assistant Director
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Federation House, Tansen Marg,
New Delhi - 110 001