6th GNLU International Moot Court Competition, 2014
GNLU International Moot Court Competition (GIMC) is the flagship event of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
Date: 5th - 9th February, 2014
Venue: Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Since its inception in 2009, GIMC has steadily made its presence felt in the National and International arena. Over the years, it has acquired popularity and respect amongst the mooting fraternity. The past five editions of GIMC has garnered due recognition from prestigious organizations like the American Society of International Law (ASIL), the International Law Students Association (ILSA) and the Asian Society of International Law (ASIAN SIL).
The moot problem of GIMC' 14 is based on International Trade Law. Whereby, the participants will be proceeding before the WTO Appellate Body. The moot problem along with its distinguished judges will present a challenge to the teams which can be surmounted only with acuity, clarity of thought, thorough research, composure along with flawless presentation and eloquence.
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an Undergraduate/Post Graduate law course (includes LLM programmes) or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University. Those students who are pursuing any Trade Law course/programme conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University are also eligible to apply. However in such cases, the final discretion would lie with the Organizing Committee.
- Any recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one team to the Competition.
- The Team shall comprise of a minimum of two Members and a maximum of three Members. In a Team comprising of two Members, both the Members shall be designated as Orators. In a Team comprising of three Members, the third Member of the team shall be designated as Researcher.
- Any additional Member or Team Coach of any Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the Organizing Committee.
Clarifications to the Case:
Teams may request for Clarifications via e-mail to email@example.com, latest by the 20th of October, 2013 (11.59 P.M. IST).
- The Registration Fee is INR 3,500/- for Indian teams, Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries/ Economies. Teams from Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries/Economies may pay in INR or its equivalent amount in US Dollars or Euros.
- All other Teams shall pay US $ 200 or its equivalent excluding service charge (if any) in Euro as registration fee.
The last date for registration will be 15th September, 2013 (11.59 P.M. IST).
Mr. Girish R.
Ms. Aanchal Kapoor
Phone: +91-9737052087, +91-9871272579
Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba-Gandhinagar - 382 007, Gujarat
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Schedule, Registration Form, Waiver Form