National Seminar on Institutional Challenges to Protection of Environment
Colloquium Opus, the Seminar Committee of National Law University Odisha, Cuttack, is pleased to announce the National Seminar on "Institutional Challenges to Protection of Environment".
Date: 24th - 25th August, 2013
The event will include contributions from students of both the 3 year and 5 year LLB program selected on the basis of papers submitted in response to this call. We therefore, invite papers from students all over the country.
- Corporate Regulation by e-Legislations
- Environmental crimes
- National Action to prevent Climate Change
- Administrative and Judicial structure to protect environment: Pollution Control Board, NEAMA, NOT.
- Paper can be based on any of the above broad sub-themes.
- The length of the paper should not exceed 5,000 words including footnotes and excluding
- Typed on standard A4 size page; Margin: 1-inch margin on each side of the A4 size page
and has to be submitted in MS Word Format.
- Font type: Times New Roman; Font size for body text: 12; the text of the written
submission must have one and a half spacing.
- Font size for footnotes: 10; text of footnotes may be single-spaced however two separate
footnotes must be double-spaced.
- Mode of Citation: Footnotes should conform to the 19th edition of The Bluebook.
- Paper should be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 300 words and 3-4 keywords.
- The paper should be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following details of the author(s):
- Name of the author(s)
- b. Contact details of the author(s)
- Name and address of the Institution
- Course being pursued by the author(s)
- Email Id of the author(s)
- Last Date for Submission of Papers: 5th August, 2013.
- Declaration of results of papers selected for the Seminar: 10th August, 2013.
- Last date for confirmation of participation by authors of selected papers: 13th August, 2013.
- Dates of the Seminar (presentation of paper): 24th - 25th August, 2013
Mode of Submission of Research Paper:
All research Papers must be submitted electronically via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in the format mention above. No research article will be entertained through surface mail or air-mail in hard copy or soft copy (CD). It is mandatory to mention e-mail ids on your research article, as all correspondence will be performed through it only.
Registration and Accommodation:
- Registration fee for the students participating in the Seminar: Rs. 1000/- only per author. In case of single authorship, the registration fee would be Rs. 1000/- only. In case of co-authorship where only one author participates in the seminar, the registration fee would be Rs. 1000-/ only. In case of co-authorship, if both the authors participate in the seminar, the registration fee for the team would be Rs. 2000/- only (Rupees one thousand per author).
- The demand draft shall be payable at Cuttack and drawn in favour of the following:
"The Registrar, National law University, Odisha, Cuttack."
- Students/teams selected for the Seminar would be required to confirm their participation on intimation of results by sending a scanned copy of the demand draft to email@example.com. (In case any participant/team does not confirm his participation by 13th August, 2013, 6:00 p.m., his eligibility to participate would be cancelled and the next best paper would be selected.)
- Food and accommodation would be provided for both the days of the conference only, i.e, 24th and 25th August, 2013.
- Travel expenses will have to be borne by the participants.
Dr. Afroz Alam
Convener - Colloquium Opus
Secretary - Colloquium 0pus
Treasurer - Colloquium Opus
Member - Colloquium Opus
Member - Colloquium Opus