National Seminar on Violence against Women
The National Seminar is sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), MHRD, Government of India, New Delhi and is being organized by the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
Date: 21st & 22nd August, 2013
- Eve-teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape
- Forced Prostitution and Trafficking of Woman and the Girl Child
- Sexual Harassment and Abuse at the Workplace
- Domestic Violence and Honour Based Violence
- Cyber-Crime against Women
- Image of Women in the Media
Objectives of the Seminar:
- To raise awareness on the issue of gender-violence and analyse the causes and factors of violence against women.
- To analyse how the violence against women impacts the lives of women victims, their families and society.
- To identify educational and social strategies to address the issue.
- To collect, share and develop innovative responses and best practices for elimination and prevention of violence against women.
- To give recommendations and concrete proposals for action for elimination and prevention of violence against women
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and Student research scholars to submit their Research Papers on the subthemes to be covered in different Technical Sessions during the National Seminar on Violence against Women.
- Full paper along with an abstract not exceeding 500 words must be sent by email attachment. Only abstracts (without full paper) will not be accepted. The Sub-Theme being taken up in the research paper must be specified.
- All the submissions must be made in word format, preferably in 12 font size, Times New Roman (with 14 Font size for titles) in A4 size format with 1.5 line spacing.
- Paper submission must accompany a certificate by the author(s) that the paper is his/her original work and has neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
Deadline for submitting papers:
Authors are requested to submit full papers along with their abstract on or before 5th August, 2013 through email on the ID: email@example.com
The manuscripts will be reviewed by review panel. The decision of the reviewers will be final and binding. The decision of the reviewers on the acceptability of the paper will be intimated by 12th August, 2013 through email only.
The hard copies may be sent to:
Dr. Sanjay Sindhu,
Course Director, Department of Law,
Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill,
Shimla, H.P. - 171005.
The schedule will be strictly followed. The organisers will not be able to entertain any requests for extension of the deadlines.
- Submission of Abstract and Full Paper: 5th August, 2013
- Confirmation of Acceptance of the Paper: 12th August, 2013
- Suggestions and Feedback, if any: 12th August, 2013
- Submission of Final Paper for Circulation: 17th August, 2013
Before 17th August, 2013
After 17th August, 2013
Registration is compulsory for all the participants. The registration form duly filled in must be sent along with the research paper. Student Delegates need to get the registration form forwarded and recommended by the Supervisor/ HOD/ Principal.
However, the Registration Fee will be payable only after acceptance of the research paper. The authors will be notified on the mode of payment of registration fees including the bank details for online transfer once their paper is accepted for presentation. All the authors for each paper must be registered.
Dr. Sanjay Sindhu
Prof. Meenakshi Sooden
Mr. Nalin Kumar Ramaul