National Conference on Mergers & Acquisitions - Tax Aspects
Presently weak Indian Rupee and proposed FDI in retail with Tax/Finance director's globally are showing their interest in BRICS countries as preferred investment. These are likely to push inbound transactions which call for awareness of potential tax risks in emerging market.
Whether you are making an acquisition, disposing of a business, going through a merger, entering into a Joint venture, planning for IPO, or for a public to private transaction, restructuring your business, reassessing management incentive plans or refinancing, tax risks need to be managed and net cash flows optimized. Tax planning at an early stage can add significant value to every transaction, whether by minimizing transaction tax costs, managing long term sustainable tax rates and cash flows, and ultimately planning ahead for a tax efficient exit.
With the focus of global economic activity rapidly shifting east, the prospect for growth in Asia continues to be strong. Many Asian Financial markets are continuing their path of deregulation. As M & A transactions provide unique tax planning opportunities, M & A is becoming a more important strategic tool in India also. However, potential tax risks need to be properly managed.
Besides dignitaries from Ministry of Corporate Affairs, CCI, SEBI, CBDT etc., Eminent Speakers from BIG-4, Law firms and our Knowledge Partner - E & Y will also address technical session of this conference.
Date: 2nd August, 2013 (9.30 am - 5:00 pm)
Venue: Trident Hotel (Oberoi), Nariman Point, Mumbai
The programme intends to cover the following broad issues:
- Key concepts and issues of M & A Tax Aspects
- Indirect Tax Aspects in acquisition of Business (Sale Tax, VAT, and Excise issues)
- Investment, Development & Depreciation Allowances
- Benefits u/s 80IA, 10A, 10B
- Taxation issues in Merger, Reverse Merger, De-Merger & Slump Sale
- Various Cross Border Tax Aspects in International M & A with Global Case Studies
- Expenditure analysis in M & A Process
- Capital gains, deemed dividend and cost of acquisition of assets
Who should attend?
- Corporate M & A Professionals
- Chief Financial Officer
- Company Secretary
- Chief Executive Officer
- Head- Corporate Affairs/Regulatory Affairs
- Head- Legal Officer/Compliance
- Law Firm Partner
- Government Officials etc
Rs. 6,500/- per participant including Service Tax (10% discount for two or more persons from the same organization)
Mr. Rakesh Kumar
Mr. L. Robinson
Mr. B.R. Goswami
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Download Registration Form