International Conference on Interface between Intellectual Property & Competition Law
Competition and Intellectual Property policies are bound together by the economics of innovation and an intricate web of legal rules that seek to balance the scope and effect of each policy. The interface between competition Law and the intellectual property system has attracted increasing attention in recent years, as intellectual property rights have gained increasing importance in the knowledge economy, and a number of countries have established or enhanced the role of national authorities entrusted with competition policy. Some have called these two legal principles two sides of the same coin while others find them at odds.
However, it is now usually accepted that the two regimes are not so much at loggerheads as they pursue the goals of consumer welfare and encouraging innovation through different means. Premised on the idea that enterprises in a competitive market will be less complacent and have greater incentive to innovate to gain market share, competition law can indeed act as a spur for intellectual property. It is thus implicitly understood that the real issue that competition law has is not with the existence but with the exercise of IPRs.
In this background, ASSOCHAM is organizing an International Conference on Interface between Intellectual Property & Competition Law.
Date: 12th July, 2013
Key Areas of Discussion:
Venue: New Delhi
- IPR and business concentrations
- Legal Framework for Regulating IPR License Agreements
- Monopolistic behaviours in Horizontal Agreements and Vertical Agreements
- The analysis of anti-monopoly in the specific restricted agreement of IP license
- IPR and the abuse of dominant position
- Managing Intellectual Property as a Competitive Strategy
- IPR & Competition: From the view point of investment and technology transfer
- Economics of IPR & Competition
- Enforcing Patent Rights & Competition
- Innovation is key factor for increasing competitiveness
- Do current patentability test for drugs require revisit and review?
- Compulsory licensing and its implications in Indian market
We may also request you to avail the Sponsorship Opportunities/Partnership in this very important Conference, to enhance your brand visibility. Your association could derive huge mileage from this galaxy Conference. Sponsorship Details are attached. Speaking Opportunity is also available for sponsors.
Rs. 4,000/- per delegate (10% discount for two or more persons from the same organization)
Mr. Hitesh Khanna
Mr. Abhishek Saxena
Mr. Trinanjan Dutta
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Download E-Flyer, Registration Form, Sponsorship Opportunities