1st KSOL National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights
The School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha is pleased to organize the 1st KSOL National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights
Date: 12th - 14th September, 2013
This exclusive IP conference is specially designed for intellectual property professionals, academicians, students, and people from the corporate sector involved in Intellectual Property. The principal focus of this conference is to provide a suitable and conducive platform to discuss, debate and present contemporary research in the area of Intellectual Property Rights and its management.
Intellectual Property Right has created a niche for itself in the field of law. It has become a promising domain for the students in universities where it is offered as a full time course, as it's a new avenue for applied law. This conference would give an opportunity to these students to interact with the specialists.
The Conference will aim at focusing different facets of Intellectual Property law in the area of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, sports, entertainment, technology transfer issues etc both at the national and international Intellectual Property Regime. The conference will provide an ideal opportunity for emerging researchers in the domain of Intellectual Property Right to interact with experts and practitioners through doctoral colloquium, themed tracks and keynote sessions. The theme and the subthemes of the Conference has been very meticulously designed in order to attract diverse participation from academicians, practioners, researcher and students which will facilitate a good exchange of ideas relating to Intellectual Property protection and management among the different sectors.
Intellectual Property Protection and Management: Issues and Challenges
- Parallel Imports: Current trend in Intellectual Property regime.
- Interplay between Intellectual Property and Information Technology: National and International Regime
- Intellectual Property Issues in Agriculture, Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
- Intellectual Property Asset Management: Issues related to Valuation, Securitization and Monetizing.
- Competition issues and intellectual property rights
- Dissemination and Diffusion of Technology.
- All papers are required to be creative and original work of the author(s). Plagiarism of any kind will lead to cancellation of the paper.
- Co-authorship is allowed, but maximum of two authors per paper. Each Person can submit only one Paper.
- Author(s) are required to send their full papers along with the Abstract. The Abstract shall not be more than 300 words describing the scope and object of the paper.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author (s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- All papers should either be sent in Word 2003 (.doc) or Word 2007 (.docx) format to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31st July 2013, 23.59 Hours. The subject of the e-mails should be "Final Paper Submission for 1st KSOL National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights".
- The body of the mail should contain a covering letter containing the Author's Name(s), Affiliation(s), and Full Postal Address, Email Id, And Telephone Number along with the title of the paper.
Format of the Paper:
- All papers should have a title page. Title page is to be structured in the following manner:
- Title: Times New Roman Script with Font Size 16, All Letters Capitalized, Boldface, Center Alignment;
- Insert Name of the Author(s) in Times New Roman Script with Font Size 14, First Letter Capitalized, Boldface, Center Alignment.
- Then insert the Name(s) of the Author's Institution/Affiliation and email id, in Times New Roman Script with Font Size 10.
- Format of the Abstract - Times New Roman Script with Font Size 12; 1.5 Line Spacing; Justified Alignment; No Paragraph indenting; Margins 1inch on all sides.
- The scanned copy of the registration form and the demand draft should be sent to email@example.com on or before 15th July, 2013. Online registration is compulsory for all participants in addition to sending the hard copy.
- First 100 entries will be given priority in accommodation.
- The registration shall be confirmed and the travel details shall be sought by the organizer subsequently.
- The hard copy of the dully filled in Registration Form along with the demand draft has to reach latest by 22nd July, 2013 to the following address:
1st KSOL National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights,
KIlT School of Law,
Campus XVI, KIlT University, Patia,
Bhubaneswar - 751024, Odisha
- Student / Research Scholar (without Accommodation): Rs. 500/-
- Student / Research Scholar (With Accommodation): Rs. 800/-
- Others (Academicians/Professionals without Accommodation): Rs. I000/-
- Others (Academicians/Professionals with Accommodation): Rs. 3000/-
Accommodation and food will be provided to the participants from noon of12th Sept, 2013 till morning of15th Sept, 2013.
- Last date for Online Registration: 15th July, 2013
- Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the Registration Form along with the Demand Draft: 22nd July, 2013
- Submission of Full paper along with the abstract: 31st July, 2013
- Intimation of Paper Presenters for Conference: 12th August, 2013
- Conference Dates: 12th - 14th September, 2013
Mr. Abhinav Gupta: +91-9090551233
Ms. Shalini Wunnava: +91-9861027029
Ms. Rupkatha Basu: +91-9692137006
Ms. Sukanya Priyadarshini: +91-9583100654
Ms. Parimita Dash
Convenor, 1st KSOL National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights
KIlT School of Law, Campus XVI,
KIlT University, Patia,
Bhubaneswar - 751024, Odisha
Download Brochure and Registration Form