National Law University Jodhpur Law Review (Volume 2, Number 1): Call for Submissions
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship publication of National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ). The Review is student-edited and publishes one volume every year comprising of two separate issues. Each issue contains submissions by student members of the Review, NLUJ students and other external contributors such as law students and professors, practicing lawyers and other members of the legal fraternity.
The Review was established in order to become a formidable instrument in providing impetus to legal research in India. However, beyond contributing to the legal academia, the Review realizes the growing paradox in legal scholarship, in that, most journals have increasingly focused on being published rather than being read. The Review believes that legal scholarship will only truly realize its raison d'etre when it plays a more tangible role in the lives of students, professors, lawyers and judges.
Thus, the Review is committed to the cause of increasing the readability of published legal scholarship and relieving it of some of the esotericism it seems to have acquired.
Consequently, the Editorial Board invites original and unpublished Articles, Notes and Book Reviews for the Review's upcoming Volume 2, although the Review accepts submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year, the last date for a submission to be considered for publication is 5th August, 2013.
- Submissions should be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format.
- The Review has a word limit of 20,000 words or fewer (including footnotes) for Articles: 15,000 words or fewer (including footnotes) for Notes; and 10,000 words or fewer (including footnotes) for Book Reviews. However, the Editorial Board may make exceptions to this rule on a case-by-case basis.
- Authors are strongly recommended to use footnotes instead of endnotes. Furthermore, text and citations should conform to the 16lh edition of The Chicago Manual of Style,
- Please include an abstract of your submission with the text.
- Since we review submissions anonymously, we request you not to include your name, affiliation, or any other identifying information in any part of the submission including the cover page, footnotes and headers. Instead, we request you to indicate your name and contact number along with any other information you deem necessary, in the body of the email. Resumes and biographical information are not required to be provided.
- You are required to provide datasets with all empirical works so that third parties may replicate the published findings. Exceptions may be made to this rule to the extent necessary to protect privacy or confidentiality.
The last date for a submission to be considered for publication is 5th August, 2013.
National Law University
NH-65, Nagour Road, Mandore,
Jodhpur - 342304, Rajasthan
Phone: +91-291-2577530, 2577526