National Seminar on Biological Conservation of Land, Water and Forests
P.G. Department of Environmental Law and Legal Order, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai is organizing a two day National Seminar on Biological Conservation of Land, Water and Forests.
Date: 22nd - 23rd March, 2013
Venue: Auditorium, P.G. & R.D. Block, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai
Objectives of the Seminar:
- To create general awareness in biodiversity conservation of natural resources
- To inculcate the motivation and determination among the students for promotion and protection of biological resources
- To promote integrity and unity for sustainable use and development of land, water and forests.
- To disseminate the knowledge of environmental legislation among the students and people in general and biological conventions and laws in particular.
- To create a platform for generating new ideas and original knowledge on biodiversity conservation
- To serve as an input to reform the existing legislation on biological diversity.
- Land Resources and Biodiversity Conservation
- Land Degradation, Environment and Food Security
- Land Development: Legislative, Judicial and Administrative Controls
- Land, Mining and Quarrying, Conversion of land and Sustainable Development
- Wet lands and Biodiversity Conservation
- Water Resource and Biodiversity Conservation
- Water Pollution and Prevention, and Legislative, Judicial, and Administrative Controls
- International & National Developments in law & policies on Biodiversity
- Quality and equitable distribution of water and Sustainable Development
- Forest Resource and Biodiversity
- Forest Conservation and Legislative, Judicial and Administrative Controls
- Forest Habitats and Rights of Tribals
- Forest and Eco Tourism
- Forest and Sustainable Development
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 28th February, 2013
- Last date for submission of full paper: 15th March, 2013
Research papers are invited for presentation at the Seminar. Abstract of the Paper (not exceeding 300 words) on the sub-themes mentioned below along with the prescribed registration fee by way of DD should reach latest by 28th Feb, 2013 to Prof. D. Gopal, Seminar Director.
The full paper (between 15 to 20 pages in MS Word typed in double space on A4 Size) is to be submitted to the Director of the Seminar on or before 15th March, 2013 to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Members, Delegates and Advocates: Rs. 400/-
- Research Scholars and Students : Rs. 200/-
Demand Draft shall be obtained in favour of "Director of the Seminar" payable at Chennai. Persons who are in need of accommodation can contact the seminar
Prof. (Dr.) D. Gopal
Phone: +91 - 9444571101
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. R. Revathi
Associate Professor & Coordinator
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
No.5, D.G.S. Dinakaran Salai,
Chennai - 600 028