NUJS Criminal Law Journal: Call for Papers
The journal is the flagship journal, released by the Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) at NUJS. The Society was founded with the aim to connect members of the legal fraternity and various sections of society to further and better the criminal justice system on a local national and a global level.
Call for Papers:
- The Journal would be accepting entries on recent developments or theoretical debates in Criminal Law.
- Each article will be peer reviewed and edited before being approved by the Board of Editors for publication. After online publication, forums are provided for views and counter-views, thus facilitating further academic discussion.
- Literature Review: Unlike other law reviews, this literature review will be open to books, treatise or other academic material bearing the theme of criminal law. The word limit per submission will be 2000-3000 words.
- Articles: Original work expressing either theoretical debates, or an empirical analysis would be considered for publication. The word limit per submission is 6000-8000 words.
- Case Notes: Either critical or supportive comments on recent judicial pronouncements can be submitted under this category. Word limit per submission is 1500-2000.
- Legislative Comments: Comments on any new or proposed legislation pertaining to criminal law may be submitted under this category. The Word limit for each submission would be 2000-3000 words
- Legal Essays: Essays on focused topics on criminal law can be submitted under this category. The word limit for each essay is 3000-5000 word
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman 12, single-spaced.
- All footnotes should be in Times New Roman 10 single-spaced and should conform to the Harvard Blue Book 19th Edition Citation Guidelines.
- All submissions are exclusive of footnotes.
- All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 10% of the word-limit subject to a minimum of 200 words.
- The Journal shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications and only the moral rights will vest with the author.
- The manuscript should be accompanied with a covering letter specifying the author's name, designation, institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference.
- Any submission may have up to 2 authors. All entries should be submitted in MS Word 2007 or in .doc or .docx formats.
All accepted entries only will be published on the website
All submissions should reach us by 21st February, 2013 and should be sent to email@example.com with a subject "Submission: (type of entry) - Title of manuscript"
Dr. Kavita Singh
Assistant Professor, NUJS
Ms. Prathima Appaji
Convenor, Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice, NUJS
Mr. Samkit Sethia
Co-convenor, Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice, NUJS