1st Edition of the NLS Law and Technology Legislative Analysis Competition, 2013
The NLS Law and Technology Committee is proud to present the 1st Edition of the NLS Law and Technology Legislative Analysis Competition, 2013. There are two bills for consideration:
- The (Draft) Human DNA Profiling Bill, 2012
- The (Draft) National Innovation Bill, 2008
The competition is an inter-college one and aims at providing an opportunity to the student community to participate in policy making activities, including researching and understanding the problems with various bills either pending in the Parliament or rejected.
The participant is expected to submit a paper on either of the two bills analyzing the various issues (legal, economic, policy, etc) vis-a-vis the bills. The account should be a comprehensive one and originality would be weighed in the participant's favour.
- The word limit for the paper is 2500 words (to be followed strictly). The same would not include footnotes, bibliography, etc, and shall be applicable only to the main body of the submission. The font to be used is Times New Roman, size 12 and the line spacing should be 1.5
- Any source resorted to has to be duly cited. Any mode of citation would be acceptable as long as uniformity is maintained throughout the paper.
- The cover page of the submission must contain the name of the Bill being analyzed and should clearly state the exact word count of the main body.
- Names or other individual identifiers of any of the team members or any indication of the college/university, must NOT be mentioned anywhere in the submission.
- Any kind of plagiarism would attract immediate disqualification. The submissions would be subject to plagiarism-check mechanism.
- Non compliance with any of the rules can lead to disqualification or deduction of marks.
- Co-authorship is NOT allowed.
- The entries have to be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submissions have to be made in the PDF format. The subject of the email should be 'Legislative Analysis Competition: Name of the bill analyzed'. The email must contain the Name of the Participant, College Name, Year and Contact Number.
The deadline for the submission of the paper is 28th February, 2013 (1700 hours IST). No submissions made after the deadline would be accepted.
- The students with the best entries would be offered an opportunity to intern with PRS Legislative Research Organization (http://www.prsindia.org/aboutus/objectives/) and Centre for Internet and Society (http://cis-india.org/).
- The best paper submitted would be considered for publication in the Indian Journal of Law and Technology (IJLT) at the Board's discretion.
- Prizes to be won: Rs. 5000 each for the best entry on either bill.
Mr. Jasraj Singh
Mr. Shivam Singla
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Poster, Rules, Draft Human DNA Profiling Bill, 2012, Draft National Innovation Bill, 2008