National Seminar on Law, Development and Social Transformation in India: Issues & Challenges
School of Law, Galgotias University is organizing a National Seminar on Law Development and Social Transformation in India: Issues & Challenges.
Date: 2nd February, 2013
Venue: Auditorium, Campus 1, Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- To study and analyze the constitutional mandate with regard to development and balancing of social interests.
- To examine the statutory framework of Indian laws as to social transformation.
- To assess the role of government machinery and various functionaries
- To study the role of political class of India with regard to the social conflicts and development agenda
- To examine the social actions role of judiciary
- To identify the possible areas of conflict and operational problems.
- To devise a mechanism for balancing the competing interest of society at large, global commitments and economic developments.
- To educate and prepare the citizens about their role in the enforcement of these legislations.
- Protection to Marginalised and Vulnerable class and their rights
- Economic Development and Interests of Various Class
- Rights of Children
- Common Good and Life of Dignity and Legal Frameworks
- Rights of Workers
- Transformational potential of Indian Constitution and Challenges
- Gender Justice and Legal Reform
- Agricultural and Industrial Development and Balance of Interests
- Development and Crime
- Economic Development, Global Commitments and Poverty in India
Above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive. The paper presenters may select the related topic covered under the main theme.
Level of Participants:
This seminar intends to provide a platform to the young brains of India and it aims to attract the students and young researchers. However, this seminar is also open for law teachers, members of the bar and bench. The expected number of participants in the seminar is approximately one hundred and fifty.
- Research Scholars: Rs. 700/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Teachers: Rs. 800/-
- Institution/NGOs: Rs. 1200/-
Note: Fee does not include accommodation charges. All the payment should be made by demand draft or Cheque. The Cheque/DD should be drawn in favour of Registrar, Galgotias University, Greater Noida payable at Greater Noida and send to the coordinator on contact address.
Call for Papers:
Seminar papers are invited from scholars, researchers, teachers and students on any sub thematic areas or it could be submitted on the main theme in general. All the papers will be submitted to the panel of editorial board to examine originality and contribution to academics. Every author has to submit an undertaking of its originality and no copyright violation. Best three papers in the students' category will be rewarded suitably.
Guidelines Paper Submission:
Research paper presenter is expected to apply research skill and use appropriate research methodology. It is necessary that every paper is confined to thematic or sub-themes of seminar. It should have proper research questions and also suggest the outcomes of research with the findings. Paper should not be of more than 7500 words. Researcher should follow the Blue Book 19th Edition for citation. Submission of empirical research papers is appreciated. But researcher is expected to submit analysis of substantive data and sample report.
Kindly send your abstract or full papers soft copy only on following email id:
All papers submitted for the presentation will be scrutinized through plagiarism software. In case of copying or dishonest practice author will be exclusively responsible for legal action. Every author is supposed to submit an undertaking that all the work is his/ her original work.
Every paper presenter is required to submit an abstract of 500 words stating the Statement of problem, research questions, and methodology applied in the paper with major expected findings.
7th January, 2013
Full Paper Submission:
18th January. 2013
Acceptance of Paper:
22th January, 2013
Registration Closes on:
25th January, 2013
2nd February, 2013
Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Kulshreshtha
Dr. S.P. Srivastava
School of Law, Galgotias University
Plot No.2, Sector 17-A
Yamuna Expressway, Greater Noida,
Gautam Buddh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh
Download Brochure, Registration Form