The Lex-Warrier - Online Law Journal (ISSN 2319 – 8338): Call for Papers
An endeavour to encourage and inculcate in students of law and the legal professionals a spirit of legal research and to develop their interest further in unexplored areas of the law. The Lex-Warrier: Online Law Journal which seeks to focus on the burning issues in the legal scenario and promote legal awareness not only amongst legal professionals but also layman.
The Lex-Warrier: Online Law Journal invites Articles, Essays, Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book Reviews etc. round the clock on wide range of legal disciplines and variety of topics on contemporary legal issues from Law Students, Research Scholars, Practicing Advocates and other Legal Professionals. The authors must follow the guidelines given below:
- Word limit varies according to the nature of the contributions. The word limit insisted below is exclusive of footnotes/end notes and references.
- In the case of an article, it should be between 4,000-5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme that is expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively, and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme.
- An essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting between 3,000-4,000 words.
- A note shall be on any contemporary issue with concrete analysis from the part of the author along with solutions to the issue and the same shall not exceed 2,500 words.
- A Case comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt within. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500-3,000 word.
- A book review where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit shall not exceed 2,000 words.
You may send us the contribution in MS Word 2003 OR 2007 format only. The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes/end notes and references should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
About the Authors:
A small biographical paragraph describing the Name, E-mail address, Contact Details (LinkedIn/Twitter/Facebook), Author's position, Research interest etc.
Do's & Don'ts
- You must not cut copy and paste articles from anywhere (including your own articles published elsewhere on the internet.)
- Original articles are expected to be original but in case you are taking inspiration or picking up content from an already published article then give proper credit to the source
- Be clear on what you are serving to the readers. Conceptual clarity is expected from the author. Each article must contain at least 800 words.
- We reserve the right to edit your articles so that it attains its full potential and also adheres to the decorum of The Lex-Warrier
Submit your Article/Essay/Case Note/Legislative Comment/Book Review to firstname.lastname@example.org marking a cc to email@example.com along with a covering letter giving a short bio about yourself. However, your contact details will not be published or handed over to anyone.
Submit articles by the 20th of every month for including in the current month's issue, else, they will be considered for publication in the following month.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org