3rd ILNU Annual National Conference - Vision 2020: Future of Law and Legal Transformation
The Institute of Law Nirma University is going to conduct its 3rd National Conference on the theme of "Vision 2020: Future of Law and Legal Transformation".
Date: 24th - 25th January, 2013
As the Vision 2020 put before the world, the colossal area that law has to serve the societal need in better manner. This conference aims to fill the voids and lacuna that the area of Law is facing in the present time, the reforms required to upgrade the society, to lead the world with more flexible and favorable approach. In order to discuss the emerging areas, the Institute presents a platform to legal and social fraternity to present their vision of law 2020.
The expansive addition in the field of law may increase to harmonize law with new social realities generated by globalization, industrialization and privatization with corporate social responsibilities as the need of society being a welfare state. In order to bring together a variety of perspectives and to commence a process of reflection in a manner that resonates well with grey areas as well as the futuristic angle, Institute of Law, Nirma University embarks on a unique forward-looking exercise in the field of law.
Objective of Conference:
This conference aims to provide a platform to legal and social fraternity to identify key trends that would reshape the future of law and legal transformation to fulfill the societal needs that directly influence the application of law.
Justice with the wheels of technology:
- Use of ICT in Judicial Reforms
- Future of Case flow management
- New roles in litigation support, e-discovery and trial technology
- Videoconferencing, e-trial (e-court), and court in camera
- Computer Forensics and Law
Alternative approach to dispensation of justice:
- Future Litigation Process - directing litigants to mediation alternatives
- Alternate dispute Resolution in the new millennium
- New alternative Billing Models in Legal Industry
- Future Directions of Legal Harmonization and Law reform
- Rise of Supranational Organizations and its impact on Law making process
Challenges and opportunities of legal services (industry)
- Emerging workforce dynamics and challenges in the legal industry
- Impact of social networking on law practice in the next decade
- Boutique Law Firms - Future of Legal Profession
- Rise of Ad hoc, networked providers of legal service
- Workplace flexibility and Law firm Environment
- Virtual Law Firms
- Accountability of an advocate
Next wave of social issue
- Social Justice for Future Generations
- Legislation and Regulation - Diminishing sphere of Individual Freedom
- Anti Cartel enforcement - awareness and outreach
- Legalization of live in relation
- Reformation in sexual offences
- Selected papers will be published in the form of Conference Proceedings (ISBN).
- Best paper of each track will be awarded.
Abstract submission: Abstract shall not be of more than 500 words
30th December, 2013
Intimation for Selection:
5th January, 2013
Full paper Submission:
15th January, 2013
- Faculty, Lawyers and social activist etc.: Rs. 1500/-
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 750/-
Dr. Krishnapal Malik
Dr. Pranav Saraswat
National Conference 2013
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
S. G. Highway, Ahmedabad - 382481
Download Registration Form