Lex Novitas 2013 - National Law Students Competition
V.M. Salgaocar College of Law is organizing Lex Novitas as an annual All India Law Students' Competitive Event. The program is designed to identify and nourish advocacy skills among the students of law.
Date: 21st - 24th February, 2013
Venue: V.M. Salgaocar College of Law, Goa
- Only Law Colleges/Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate.
- Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three Year/Five Year Degree programmes in aforementioned institutions (refer Rules and Regulations), during the current academic year and officially deputed by such institutions, are eligible to participate.
- Participation at this competition is only by invitation and the participating institutions shall have to compete in all the three events listed below.
- Only 16 teams are permitted to participate in the competition.
Composition of Teams:
- Each college shall send only one team. Each team shall consist of not more than FOUR participants; the team as such shall compulsorily participate in all the three events at the Lex Novitas 2013.
- For the details of the composition of the team for a specific event, please refer to the Rules and Regulations of the respective Events.
- AD-LIB Moot - 2013 - Moot Court (Extempore) Competition:
Breaking away from the traditional path of organizing a Moot Court Competition on a pre determined issues & legal facts, the College has innovated to AD LIB Moot Court, an event where research and advocacy skills form part of the competition. The short duration of time within which the participants are expected to analyse and prepare their presentation is a challenge to anyone sharpened in the art of law, legal reasoning and skill.
- Lend a Lawyer - A Client Counseling Competition:
Professional Client Counseling is emerging as an area of wide scope in India. Providing the client with professional advice and the various remedial optional/course of action is incorporated into Lend a Lawyer, a Client Counseling Competition.
- Getting "Yes" - A Negotiation Competition:
In this era of Alternate Dispute Resolution, the clients as well as the lawyers often desire to settle disputes before the process of legal adjudication begin, which by itself has many advantages. Negotiating to arrive at a settlement is a skill which can be pruned to suit the needs of client and depending on the nature of legal issues. Negotiation as a competitive event aims at harnessing and evaluating these necessary skills among the competitors.
Dr. B.S. Patil
Co-Ordinator, Lex Novitas 2013
Prof. Girish K.C
Co- Coordinator, Lex Novitas 2013
Phone: +91-9271202661, 0832-2462225
V.M. Salgaocar College of Law
Miramar - Panjim,
Goa - 403 001
Download Rules and Regulations, Model Problem on Negotiation